Books for Baby

Skidoo

Reaction score
Am I mad? I really want my little girl to have a book shelf in her room from about day one! I want Maurice Sendak and Dr Seuss books and Ferdinand the Bull and The Hungry Caterpiller and Goodnight Moon some of those little cloth books that babies can chew on. I've got a huge long list on my Amazon wishlist and would happily go out and buy them all now if we only had room to keep them...

I'm trying to remember the books I loved as a kid and have been asking my little sisters (they're 18, but still have most of their baby books!) what they liked.

Am I just a bit bonkers, or is anyone else looking forward to reading to thier babies and introducing them to the books they read as a child?

My baby already has loads of books but no where to put them lol!!

When I was pregnant with my first I bought the entire collection of peter rabbit books and the winnie the pooh collection!! It's not mad at all!!

I'm like that too, looking so forward to reading to baby. We are getting the Dr Suess collection for baby's christmas pressie as we are both big fans - we have framed pics in the nursery. I had forgotten about the hungry caterpillar will definately get that. I think its great to read to baby, isn't that meant to help them with their language development???

Cheers for that article - very informative. Ii bought a book today about a cats favourite colours. Love children's books. Also bought one about babysign, am going to try that out when baby is old enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back