Baby bargain buys

Olive

Reaction score
Thought it would be good to start a thread in here (if that's ok, I know there's a discount area!) of any bargain buys people find.

Today, I got 2 sleeping bags that I thought were good deals. IN POST BELOW :roll:

The white one is 2.5 tog and is from TK Maxx for £9.99
The blue one is 2.5 tog and is from Tesco for £12.99

The biggest bargain we've bought is a cot bed from Gumtree. It has some great second hand buys on there. The photos are the ones the lady took, we've not put it together yet. It's from Mama's and Papa's and I think was called Savannah. I'm not sure if they do it anymore, need to have a look. We got it for £95. Just need to get a decent mattress etc!

Attachments

• cotbed 1.jpg
    cotbed 1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 22
  • cotbed2.jpg
    cotbed2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 17
  • cotbed3.jpg
    cotbed3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Whoops forgot sleeping bags! They're nothing special but ok to sleep in I thought. Xx

I also got this http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.211-1806.aspx just for the Moses basket. Bit plain to say the least but has everything we need for it. I'm going to get something nice for the cot though.

xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319913356.286328.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319913356.286328.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 8
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319913372.894703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319913372.894703.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I love the sleigh cots... So expensive though, you got such a bargin!!

Thanks hun, I think so! Although we haven't put it together yet. Hopefully will look as good as it does in the photo she posted!

xx

Still I'm sure we looked at one just like that in mamas and papas and it was £450 ish without the base draw... We didn't get it!!!

There are sleigh cot beds too. I've been trawling gumtree, vivastreet, friday-ads etc. I want a sleigh bed too........first though I have to get a nursery lol

Great bargains Olive, just goes to show what you can get. We are off to an NCT sale in November so will have a look there too xxxxxxxxx

Going to look at a travel system i found on gumtree this afternoon. It looks very nice so fingers crossed. *Sigh* at least I know my baby will be brand new lol xxxxxxxx

Good luck bb nothing wrong with saving the pennies x

Thanks kerry, there is nothing wrong with it I know I'm just not good at being sensible lmao xxxxxxxxxx

Nothing wrong with nearly new/second hand at all! It saves money. And it's the stuff they won't remember.xx

I agree. Tbh I've never bought second hand until now and I don't regret it at all. As long as they come from a nice clean home. xx

I agree. Tbh I've never bought second hand until now and I don't regret it at all. As long as they come from a nice clean home. xx

That's how I felt about the nursing chair. I wasn't paying full new price for it, I'd have had to sell a kidney.

The only reason we've got a new nursery set is because family wanted to chip in.

Can't wait for the NCT nearly new sale in three weeks. I'm gonna scour it for bargains.

That's how I felt about the nursing chair. I wasn't paying full new price for it, I'd have had to sell a kidney.

The only reason we've got a new nursery set is because family wanted to chip in.

Can't wait for the NCT nearly new sale in three weeks. I'm gonna scour it for bargains.

I'm quite enjoying finding bargains :) Speaking of which, I think this may have been a bargain - the BT 200 monitor is £35.94 on Amazon.

We bought a new pram etc and was the same Ninja. My parents chipped in.

xx

Last edited:
I know I love a good bargain. I've already decided that I won't go mad buying all new stuff in the first year simply because some stuff is used for such a short amount of time there's no point in bankrupting yourself now. Even with the furniture set we chose something that should last 5 years so no swapping and changing after a year or two.

Agree.

I'm excited after seeing your ticker to know that I graduate to squash tomorrow :D lol.

x

Hehe you know I was just thinking the same. Dunno what it is about the egg plant buts its not as exciting as the squash.

I thought it was a pumpkin to begin with. Would have been more appropriate imo and a tad more exciting (bigger variety of veg n all).x

It's buy one get 2 free with Huggies babywipes in tesco :)

Thanks hun. I got a few packs last night lol. Forgot that one!

I've just been looking at Matalan online. There are some really good deals in there.

xx

OoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo DH is off to Tesco soon.

I always forget about Matalan, and they do my favourite boot sock too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back