babies in the sun?

Jadie

Reaction score
Hiya, I was just wondering about how much sun if any babies are allowed? I am in by myself (again) as my OH has gone to a show but I thought it might be too hot for oliver! I am mad becaues he still went!! I know not to let the sun on him and I wouldnt leave him in the sun. Just wondered how you keep them cool?

Jadie

i take ruben out in the sun, i just slather him in factor 50+ sunscreen, and i have one of these:

rayshade%20animated.gif

which i bought from HERE

i also have sunshades for him:

Babybanz%20wraparound%20baby%20sunglasses%20aurinkolasit%20black.JPG

...but they look uncomfortable to wear.. think they will be better once he sits up more and isn't rubbing the back of his head on the backrest of the buggy all the time - it dislocates them and makes them go wonky!

the funny thing is he'll probably not burn as easily as i do! i use the same sunscreen on me as well as i'm so fair skinned (and i still burn...) whereas ruben is 1/4 african and has the most gorgeous tan already without even being in the sun! lol

I put Brody in factor 50 and make sure he has a hat. I also have a parasol.

I've got one of those sun-block tents for in the garden aswell.

I think as long as they have sun block on, that's the most important, and don't forget to put it on places like their feet etc. 8)

I was told on the phone not to go out between 11 and 4 if it is sunny.

I was told by someone babies under 8 months shouldn't be allowed out at all in the sun and I shouldn't be using sunblock as he is under 6 months old.

I get totally sick of being told what to do. Just trust your own judgement that is what I do. If I did what other people said I would never go out.

Kai has a hat and lots of sunblock on and he is fine.

Exactly, I think it's just common sense really (something the woman in Dionne's thread lacked :evil: )

I just make sure he has sunblock on, then he sits in the shade...simple.

Thanks. I will get some cream for him. I know if it really hot I would not take him out! the show was rubbish appently so Oliver and I had A better day at home! HA HA Ha

Jadie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back