• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aqua Natal Classes

pringle88

Reaction score
Does anybody go to these or intending to go to them?

The 2 local swimming baths near me both have there aquanatal classes in the mornings whilst i am at work...

HR have said i will receive full pay for any antenatal classes i wish to attend.. would it be cheeky of me to try and include aquanatal as an antenatal class so i dont lose any pay?

x

I go every Monday and they are great, well worth doing hunny. Not only do you get to do some light exercise, a midwife runs them so any addition questions can be asked plus its a chance to meet other mums to be :D x x

Thanks hun deffo going to look into it, how many weeks pregnant were you when you started going? x

I started going around 16weeks hun, they say you can start from 12weeks but i waited a little longer x x

I'd love to do this!
Let me know how it goes, I'm going to have a look on some local websites now :) xxx

Ooh i think now ive got a definate bump i will start going! Exciting! xx

I just started going last wednesday and it's great, my nearest class is run by a midwife at a gym 2 minutes from where I live. It's nice because the pool is only small so just the class in there and that's it, no other swimmers gawking while we're working out! Like M2A said also a great way to meet other mums to be and the exercises are safe and tailored to pregnant ladies needs :) x x

What sort of excercises do you do? i really want to go now!! x

What sort of excercises do you do? i really want to go now!! x

Its ranges depending which midwife that takes the class but the normal one tries to do a full body workout (obviously light pregnancy friendly exercises) also she tries to fit in sore relaxation exercises too, it really is good :) x x

We did stuff like jumping jacks in the pool, moving your arms and legs through the water (the water creates resistance so works your muscles) we also did work using those spongy woggle things, moving those through the water and using them to float. Great fun! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back