Aptamil Follow milk, not satisfing like Aptamil Easy Digest

SuziQ

Reaction score
has anyone else had this??
LO has been sleeping thru since 12 weeks. BUT since I have been weaning her, I changed her milk to the Follow On milk... she's waking at 3am for a 3oz feed...and I feed her at 10pm still!!

Any suggestions?
x

switch back?

I'm not planning on using follow on milk - just going to go onto cows milk at 12 months :D

If she wasn't waking before you switched then switch back :D Maybe use the 1st one instead of east digest

Ditto what Bee said, I also haven't and don't plan to switch to follow on milk.

I called the Aptamil helpline thingy, and they said that aas she's over 6months, the follow on milk has more iron and minerals that they need...

Also...she doens't eat a wide variety of solids... so wonder if thats anything to do with it?

It was only this morning that I realised that she's been waking the ame time I changed her powder and just wondered if anyone had the same prob.
I'll change back tonight!! see what happens
:)

TBH there is no real evidence that Follow on milk is necessary at all, provided you have weaned and baby is eating a reasonable diet. The argument that it contains iron is rubbish really as calcium stops the body absorbing iron, when I had iron tablets during preg I couldn't take at the same time as any dairy products as they wouldn't work. Follow on milk never used to be available and conveniently only became a big thing after the ban on advertising infant formulas :? coincidence I think not!

Anyway, I am not saying there is anything wrong with follow on milks just that they aren't necessary especially if they don't suit your baby.

Hi, on the positive side, I currently give Talia Aptamil follow on and she loves it, is thriving and has had no problems with it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back