approaching a year old and im an emotional wreck?!??!

sazzylou

Reaction score
i dont know whats wrong with me at the moment. Its just less than 2 month until Izzies first birthday and evertime i think about it i get really upset :cry: :oops:

A 'first birthdays' party type catalogue thing came through the door today so i thought id have a look and get some ideas. By the time id finished looking at it i was sitting there sobbing :shock: Its just gone sooooooo quickly. I ended up crying down the phone to OH about it, and he was so freaked out he started saying we could maybe have another baby in the future (so thats good anyway :cheer: )

What the hell is up with me?? Does anyone else get like this? or am i just a nutter??? :lol: God only knows what im gonna be like on the day :(

When C took her first steps the other day I sobbed and felt quite down for a bit. We have already decided we are going to have another baby so its not that, I think its just the realisation that our baby isn't a baby anymore. I am excited about the toddler stage but I am also sad to see the baby stage finish too.

Last edited:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had that catalogue through too today.
I think its fine to feel upset i mean time really does fly by when they are babies they seem to grow up so fast. The baby stage is nearly over then they are classed as toddlers :shock:

im the opposite really, i get more and more enjoyment out of Anjali the more she turns into a little person - i wouldnt want that newborn non-responsive stage back! Although im sure the time will come when i'll want to stop the clock and rewind!!!

gymbabeliz said:
im the opposite really, i get more and more enjoyment out of Anjali the more she turns into a little person - i wouldnt want that newborn non-responsive stage back! Although im sure the time will come when i'll want to stop the clock and rewind!!!

Even though im feeling down about my baby growing so fast, i totally understand how you feel too. Iz starte dragging herself along yetserday (dont think you could quite call it crawling) and i was SO proud, and im willing her to say her first few words too...Its just there are already so many things that im missing. Like she wont fall alseep on me anymore which i miss so much :cry: just little things that even though I'm proud and excited about about the way she's developing, i just cant believe that 'baby' stage is almost over :( I feel all mixed! :lol: I also tink its because ive already got an older one so im really aware of how fast it goes...it just seems to be going so much quicker second time around :cry:

gymbabeliz said:

Same here. I enjoy Daniel so much more now then when he was a baby.

Awww sazzylou bless you! (errr rhyming lol) i underdstand what you mean about them growing up and no longer baing babies!

But im one of those that love them getting older!!!! I enoy my two much more their older - we have a blast together!

i feel the same, abigail is 1 in 2 days and she is just so grown up shes amzing but i keep gettin upset. to make it worse nursery told me shes movin into the toddler group next week coz shes so advanced shes not a toddler shes my baby :( lol
it is good tho aswell x

gymbabeliz said:
Im the same Liz. I really didnt enjoy Caitlyn at all when she was a baby, I love shes able to say dadda and communicate with us/

my ds is two next month and i thimnk thats scary! i can still remember when he fitted in my hands!

Yep me too. I have been sat today trying to find somewhere to have a little party for her. And as much i have overwhelming pride for how clever she is, she's been so forward she just wasn't a baby for long! But we are having more hopefully so i feel ok about that.

But on the upside sazzy- he's agreed to another!!! :lol:

i hate them growing up! hence the 3 in a short space of time lol

I was really happy about him turning one, but shortly after his birthday I sort of had a mini breakdown, I don't know why really I just got really really upset for no reason. I wasn't broody for a newborn or anything so I dont know what that was all about. Just bought back memories I suppose, of being pregnant and the birth etc.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I wonder if this is nature's way of making sure that we don't only have one baby :think:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I am sure it's only a stage x

beanie said:
When Cally took her first steps the other day I sobbed and felt quite down for a bit. We have already decided we are going to have another baby so its not that, I think its just the realisation that our baby isn't a baby anymore. I am excited about the toddler stage but I am also sad to see the baby stage finish too.

i couldn't have said that better myself... also i think its sort of remembering being pregnant and it doesnt seem so long ago that we were.. yet the tiny baby that once was is goign to be 1 years old.. its going to mark they day she was born.. and it is emotional... whatever you do.. dont go looking at her newborn photos.. wait untill you are feeling ok or you will be worse xx

gymbabeliz said:

im the same. I mean 'tiny baby clothes' always give me a lump in my thoat, but other then that, i prefer being a mother of toddlers then babies lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back