Appointments/injections and stuff.

nickilubs

Reaction score
I'm clueless when it comes to what appointments, injections and check ups are needed for Ivy and I'm just wondering is it completely down to me to know when I should be seeing people for things or will I be told from the health visitors or receive letters/phone calls telling me when I need to book these things? I just want to make sure I'm not going to miss doing things that she needs done but I don't know what needs doing!

I think it can differ from surgery to surgery. E.g. ours has recently changed so that we have an 8 week check followed by jabs. For this, we received the appointment in the post. All her other jabs we had to book with the nurse at the previous set, if that makes sense.

In terms of HV checks I think the next main one is around 9 months, and they contact you.

In terms of jabs the HV should have a booklet with a schedule in for you :) that way you know roughly when to expect an appointment if you are receiving one and can check if it hasn't arrived. I'd ask her at the clinic if you pop along to get LO weighed. Jabs are normally 2 months, 3 months & 4 months. Then no more till over a year :cheer:

Hope that's helped a little?
:hug:

My HV booked my 8 week jabs, but then it was down to me to book the next 2 lots. What they suggest is as you walk out of the first lot, book the next. My surgery is very strange as to what you can book in advance etc so that's how i do it. I'll not hear or see my HV now til Angel is 9 months.

So far the only thing i booked myself was 6 week check up, and then an appointment with the nurse for contraception chat.

HV and MW appointments, they got in touch with me for, and his first jabs which were yesterday, they sent me a note with the date, i just called and booked the time. They said the next will be in 4 weeks, so if i don here from them in 3 weeks i shal get in touch.

i always get informed of when i need to go for things. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back