application forms and interviews..

libs

Reaction score
I'm sooo scared, I have to complete an application form and go for an interview on Friday for a job I really really want. I've just worked out that the last time I had to do this was 6 years ago. My current job I just got.

The thing is that in the job I do now - where I've been for 14 months, I've never had a day off sick, just had to come home once part way through a shift as I was being sick and we're not allowed to work with any tummy bugs. My job before that ended 16 months ago. But they want my sickness history for 2 years, so the last 8 months of that job - and its crap. I had a severe ear infection which gave me vertigo and was off for over a month not long before I left, plus I had more time off before that - I think..just a couple of odd days - the job was v stressful and I constantly got ill. I can't remember now whether it was within the 2 year period. I have to have a reference from that job as that's my experience for this one, so I can't cover it up. :(

It's making me a nervous wreck thinking about that job again. I used to do recruitment in my previous job and I know our attitude would have been that the last 14 months prove I'm not a skiver, but what if they don't think like that? And is it better to be honest and say i know I had time off with the vertigo and a few other episodes but I honestly can't remember when?

well you can unfortunatly :( - although what has just come back to me was doing a reference when I worked there - every reference we did had to be checked by senior management and I was told that if someone had been gone over 12 months - we didn't give a detailed reference, just a character and whether we thought they would be suitable - so they may only provide that for me - and that would be good :cheer:

Oh poo, I didn't think they could. I do know that they cannot give a bad reference, obviously they'd have to tell the truth but I doubt they would base the reference on how much time you've had off...if that makes any sense at all :lol: :think:

it does...but I'm not sure if that's because we're as mad as each other :wink:

reference forms now tend to have a space on for sickness days taken :? I've decided to just be honest and if they pick up on it explain about the job and the problems it caused and that everyone who did the same job had terrible sickness records as we were all so stressed :?

libs said:
it does...but I'm not sure if that's because we're as mad as each other :wink:

reference forms now tend to have a space on for sickness days taken :? I've decided to just be honest and if they pick up on it explain about the job and the problems it caused and that everyone who did the same job had terrible sickness records as we were all so stressed :?

Cheeky moo :wink: :lol:

I think that would be the best thing to do hun, hopefully they wont pick up on it though! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well for you :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back