anyone with laptop - help plz!

you don't even need to get a router if the main pc is going to be switched on whenever you want to go online with the laptop. You just need a 'wireless access point' which goes into the PC. If you haven't got wireless on the laptop you can get a PCMCIA wireless network card.

For an even cheaper option (but less flexible cos it's wired and you'd need PC and laptop switched on) is a 'crossover cable' which plugs into the RJ45 port on the laptop and PC.

We have a combination of everything running somewhere in our house :oops:

tracyM said:
you don't even need to get a router if the main pc is going to be switched on whenever you want to go online with the laptop. You just need a 'wireless access point' which goes into the PC. If you haven't got wireless on the laptop you can get a PCMCIA wireless network card.

For an even cheaper option (but less flexible cos it's wired and you'd need PC and laptop switched on) is a 'crossover cable' which plugs into the RJ45 port on the laptop and PC.

We have a combination of everything running somewhere in our house :oops:

:oops: :oops: i dont understand lol im blonde talk slow haha
how much is a wireless access point? the laptop can go wirless i see it in the control panel,

I got a wireless access point free with the router box (Netgear) to make something non-wireless become wireless. It's like a little memory stick/key thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back