Anyone used a doppler?

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was lent a doppler yesterday and had a little play around with it. Found a heartbeat on my knickerline, near my pubic bone which is where everyone seems to say it is... (searched lots of past posts!) but DH says that its my heartbeat I can hear. I know its still early on but can anyone tell me if he's right?
Thanks!

Probably your own at this point. Depends on the doppler really. I've read lots of people don't find LO's heartbeat with an Angelsounds doppler till later. I have a Hi Bebe one and didn't even try till I was 14 weeks plus and even then it took a while and some days unitl about 20 weeks I still could not find the heartbeat.

You can tell your own heartbeat as its slower. You can hear it via the doppler and then time it with your own pulse by placing a couple of fingers on your neck and finding it there. It'll be the same speed etc.

LO's heartbeat will be racing. Sounds like galloping horses or a train puffing away very quickly, a real 'dun-dun-dun-dun-dun'. Average between 140-160 beats per minute.

You can also hear the placenta whoosing.

If you can't find your LO's heartbeat, don't panic. Its normal that it takes till a few weeks later to hear. Also if you hear it in two places, don't think its twins, just a heartbeat can be detected in two places at once.

I've tried searching but I can't find the thread with the example website!

It should be about twice your heartrate, and as Sherlock said about the train.

I used a doppler with my first pregnancy, can't remember when I found the heartbeat but it was early on.

I've got the Angelsounds doppler too, the one that displays the heartbeat so it's possible to work out if it's yours or LOs heartbeat.

I've been trying a doppler for a week or so now. I get my own heartbeat really easily. I also get a wooshing sound. Sometimes I think I hear very faint galloping sounds....but I'm not really convinced as the sound is only there for a brief moment. I'll keep trying every few days as I'm very impatient and with no scan until 14weeks+4, I'd love the reassurance.

I hope you hear your little one soon. :)

Bubalu said:
I've been trying a doppler for a week or so now. I get my own heartbeat really easily. I also get a wooshing sound. Sometimes I think I hear very faint galloping sounds....but I'm not really convinced as the sound is only there for a brief moment. I'll keep trying every few days as I'm very impatient and with no scan until 14weeks+4, I'd love the reassurance.

The whoosing is your placenta working so that's a good sign anyways :)

My baby's heartbeat was found (faint & mw had to listen very carefully) but found none the less... So it could be! x

Thanks for the replies. I guess he was probably right as it was very clear and easy to find. Lol, I hate it when he's right!
I'm just so paranoid- told the parents and close family today but just wanted some reassurance everything was ok. Oh well only 15 days till the scan...

:hug: :hug: :hug: I know how you feel....so close the 2nd tri and yet no firm proof. I must have my scan on the same day as you - 18th Feb so we can count down together :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back