Anyone got married abroad??

Lewis'mummy

Reaction score
Me and my OH are hoping to get married abroad in the near future. Has anyone else done this and how much did it cost?(if u don't mind me asking!)
Was everything included in the price and would u reccommend it?

I love your web site mum2be, thats a really good idea for informing guests of the details.
I would be interested to know about this too because the thought of organising a big wedding, and having to keep family members who don't like each other apart really puts me off getting married.
I would love a wedding with just me, OH and James and hopefully #2 :dance:

We had our honeymoon out in the West Indies....all I'll say is that the couples who were marrying there seemed to be one after the other and having the added 'bonus' of having people in swim wear walking past the wedding area watching etc (ok no harm in on-lookers but wedding pics might be spoiled with bikini clad old ladies gawping in the background!) and due to it being a resort they wouldn't secure the area and make holiday makers walk the longer ways around etc. We had concidered a wedding/honeymoon rolled into one but having seen the way they done them were glad we didn't.

Oh, we stayed in a Sandals Resort in St. Lucia - perhaps it might be different elsewhere, plus we married in February so lots of weddings around and on valentines day I suppose. We booked and went with Virgin.

Hi! We got married last July in Sti Lanka. We deceided that we couldnt justify spending an absolute fortune on one day to try and please our families, so we took the selfish route and took ourselves off to Sri Lanka and went touring for 10days and then stayed in a beach resort for the final week where we got married. We booked with kuoni and they sorted absolutley everything even down to the wedding flowers and fireworks- it was fantastic and we would deffinately do it again. The whole package came to about a thousand pounds which for what we did was amazing! There are pros and cons to getting married abroad I think, one of the cons is that we didnt have any friends or family with us, but as long as you organize it well, it really doesnt matter that much on the day and we have the most amazing memories and pictures which tell a wonderful tale!!

For me & oh the holiday itself about £3500

THen we have another 20 people comming with us so we get the wedding package free.

Most is organised once you arrive like reception as i no idea how much it will cost.

Plus we having a return party which will cost about £3000 max

im getting married in the caribean next year because mu OH's family live there. to be honest they're taking care of everything, food, hall, music etc, i told them i'm not doing anything lool so they're organising it all

Me and my dh got married in Gibraltar! It was brill and didn't cost us much at all! My sister lives there so we had her apartment while she came to Britain after we married. All in all with flights, outfits, registry office etc it cost between £700-1000. We didn't have family with us (except my sister and brother in law as witnesses) and I loved every minute!

I got married in Antigua, it was bloody marvellous I did it at a Sandals resort and the wedding was free with the package.
All inclusive too about £6000

xx

We got married in Cyprus last year and it was just perfect!

For a 2 week holiday plus the wedding package and reception (paying for 30 guests meals) ..wedding cake .. outfits for the 2 of us.. (It was too hot to wear a big dress) total cost...about £2ooo

Was well worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back