Anyone from the Cheltenham Area?

Ellied

Reaction score
:wave:

I move to Cheltenham next week so have to start all over again with where i want to have the baby.

I was wondering if anyone else was from that area and what they know of the Hospitals. I believe Gloucester hospital has a birthing unit but i might be making that up.

I have a million and one things rambling through my head at the mo.

Thanks ladies :hug:

Will go back to trying to put the washing into the freezer :roll:

i'm near but my nearest preg unit is Swindon. Swindon's unit is great because there is such a high preg rate here :rotfl: :rotfl:

I love chelt, great for shopping and nights out (not that your be getting many of them!) :D

well hey hun you're in luck :D

i live in Cheltenham, yes gloucester has a birthing unit but from what i'veheard i wouldn't recommend it, i've had all my 3 in cheltenham general, its a lovely hospital and will have this one there to.

Anything you wanna know just ask, Where abouts in Chelt are you moving too?

Just realised we got quite close due dates too, i'm 21+5 but i always go late so we may even end up in there together :rotfl: thats if you go to chelt of course.

moomoo192 said:
well hey hun you're in luck :D

i live in Cheltenham, yes gloucester has a birthing unit but from what i'veheard i wouldn't recommend it, i've had all my 3 in cheltenham general, its a lovely hospital and will have this one there to.

Anything you wanna know just ask, Where abouts in Chelt are you moving too?

That is the kind of thing i need to hear. I am seeing what will be my new midwife on the 1st so will see what she has to say too. Am wanting to go down the more natural birth route so that is why i thought of Gloucester. I am a few minutes walk from the town center and stumbling distance from the hospital.

We should meet for coffee if you fancy it. :hug:

:rotfl: it is, any1 having any problems getting preg just needs to take a trip to swindon!! I think its because we don't have much else to do down this way!! :rotfl:

gloucester is fine for delivery its the aftercare thats got a bad reputation.
i know its a trek but stroud maternity has a fab reputation for delivery and aftercare. its a small midwife led unit my SIL works there too.
i havent heard anything bad about cheltenham for delivery but my firend was having antenatal care there and she said it was a nightmare- waiting for hours, staff not overly friendly.
if my homebirth doesnt go to plan i will be going back to gloucester but i wont be staying for long afterwards.

Gloucester is fine but like most hosptials they are so busy and understaffed therefore the after care is poor if you have had a normal striaghtforward delivery. For fantastic aftercare and support with breastfeeding etc then transfer to stroud, as long as they aren't full they'll take anyone from gloucestershire for post natal care - its like a hotel, fresh food, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.

Ellied said:
That is the kind of thing i need to hear. I am seeing what will be my new midwife on the 1st so will see what she has to say too. Am wanting to go down the more natural birth route so that is why i thought of Gloucester. I am a few minutes walk from the town center and stumbling distance from the hospital.

Yes that'll be good.

where is your doctors practice? do you know the name of your midwife yet?

All the care i have received with each child at chelt has been fantastic, i agree with antenatel appointments etc there have been times when the wait has been long but this pregnancy i have had a few problems and couldn't fault the service as yet that i have received.

Don't see why you shouldn't be able to have a look round the hospital

nathanmum and minnie mouse thanks for the info. Will definitely look into Stroud too.

moomoo192 said:
Ellied said:

Yes that'll be good.

where is your doctors practice? do you know the name of your midwife yet?

All the care i have received with each child at chelt has been fantastic, i agree with antenatel appointments etc there have been times when the wait has been long but this pregnancy i have had a few problems and couldn't fault the service as yet that i have received.

Don't see why you shouldn't be able to have a look round the hospital

Will send you a PM

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back