Anyone else's OH?

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
Moan about there LO's noises they make when there sleeping ie.. Snoring? or when they've got a cold there nose sound like there snoring or bunged up?
Oh says he cant sleep through that which keeps him awake most the time an by the time he has to wake up to do a feed in the night hes so shattered he cant do it so i get up an do it or he stays in bed until midday because hes that shattered because he couldnt get off to sleep until a certain time or it feels like to him hes only been asleep for a few hours??
Is it just my OH or is anyone else's like this to because hes either moaning because he sleeps next to the cot or as he says he still cant sleep if he was on the other side of the bed away from the cot or its just me that i Can sleep through it because im that tired for doing so much in the day an when i sleep on my left here i hear nothing because i can hardly hear out of it i duno why :oooo: lol.
If anyone can relate to me thank you or am i just nagging now??? lol
thanks x

Hey :) I think men are actually naturally quite selfish-they just don't think of what we have to do and go through on a day to day basis. I don't think your nagging-he needs to remember that it's his LO too! Don't worry honey, I'm with ya! X

I think the reason why your OH can't get to sleep of a night time is that he's got into a routine of staying in bed till midday by the sounds of it.

If you are going to bed at "normal" time he obviously won't be tired! I think he needs to get into a routine of getting up at a normal time and staying awake all day and going to bed at a normal time.

Your right he is used to being in bed all day when i wasnt pregnant until the afternoon he used to get up around 2 in the afternoon but i cant do that anymore not even when i was pregnant. i used to try and stay up with him but i was just to knackered.
I think he is used to that but he hasnt quite managed to get out of that just yet tho lol.
Admittly he isnt in bed until 2 anymore prob till about 12 at most.
But still with him moaning about the baby not helping him fall off to sleep i can sleep through anything unless OH is SNORING loud in my ear then i couldnt lol.
He has tried going sleep early at night but then it takes him awhile to get to sleep because hes used to going bed late. Although since lil man has come into the world we go bed about 9 sometimes poss 10 at the latest if were not as tired. I just hope he can stay in the routine but then hes got to try an stay up or atleast awake in the morning which cos he does the night feed although thats only 1 feed now days by the time 7 in the morning comes hes still tired to get up in the morning say wat lol. x

Gosh thats tricky, its not your fault he cant sleep :slap:

Perhaps remind his that all parents of new babies are tired. Im sure you are tired too but you just still have to get up and sort the baby out. Sleeping in the day really messes with your sleep pattern anyway. He'd feel better if he got up at 9ish then took the baby out for a walk in the pram so that you can have time to yourself to get dressed and clean bottles etc... seeing as both of you are there, its a bit selfish of him to stay in bed til that late everyday

not HIM again. lol.....hes rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no but my OH was like that a little but i whipped him into gear by saying if he cant hack it then he should leave. ;) be meaner!!! goodluck x

I have a sensor alarm that went off and it didn't wakr oh up - so a little snoring or snuffling doesn't affect him! Tel you oh to get up with you and sort himself out!

My partner sleeps through anything. It took me the best part of 45 mins to wake him when I was in labour and needed taking to the hospital! It was usually me moaning about all the little grunts in the night and the snoring as I am a light sleeper!

^^^I agree women are more atuned to hearing babes too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back