anybody heard from jen23?

grace

Reaction score
im worrying about her and that little baby boy. just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

xxxx

hi grace..i have been woundering/worrying about her too...do hope all is okay for her :pray:

i really hope he is fine and that shes just so busy that she cant get on. i know i didnt post for months when i was going to the hospital everyday. i will keep praying :pray:

must be so hard having a preemie in the hospital at christmas, i was so worried Ami would still be in there at this time.

really hope everything is alright :pray:

hi Grace,

Its nice to know that people are thinking of us still and sorry if i worried you by not writing. Jeremy did have a bad week last week- had sepsis from an infected long line and had to go back on the ventilator, on loads of morphine and feeds had to stop, however, things seem to be on the up now, the infection is almost gone feeds have restarted and i reckon if things carry on like this they may try him off the vent again in a few days- fingers crossed!

I don't mind having xmas at NICU too much as if i am honest i have completely forgotten that its xmas so it doesn't matter at all! I havent bought any presents but my family is going to come and visit.

Hows everything with you? Ready for xmas? bought your little one lots of lovely presents?

Ill try to update you with any changes soon,

Take care,
Jen

oh jen, i have been worried! i know how busy you must be though, it must be difficult finding time to do anything let alone coming on here to post.

sounds like youve had a rough week, bless Jeremy, hes having a very tough time of it. they are so fragile and susceptable when they are that small. they have no immune system at all so its amazing how strongly they have to fight to shake off an infection. long lines are a nightmare, it must be awful for you knowing that the thing thats keeping him alive is making him poorly. i used to love and loath the lines, the ventiilator, the vampire doctors (4 hourly blood gases, Ami's and Jeremy's poor feet)

really hope you have a better week this week and i hope Jeremy gets no more infections. we want him on the up and up! 2 steps forward Jeremy, forget the 1 step back!

im stressed about christmas but a lot of the family have told me not to bother cos i cant take Ami shopping, so i havent got many presents for people. it will be nice to put Ami in her christmas dress though!

keep smiling jen, all my fingers are crossed for you and your little one.xxxx :pray:

hey - I popped in here on the off chance theree was an update. Thanks for taking the time out to write, it is good to know things are looking up again.

(Thanks to gracie too!!)

Hope you have a slightly christmassy day - I'm sure they'll be a special atmosphere for the little ones, and I'm sure they will sense it's a good day.

Take care of yourselves.... :hug:

hey grace and anyone else who may read this,

Just thought id let you know that jeremy is doing really well at the moment. he came off the ventilator on the 23rd, is having 12 mls of milk every 2 hours and is infection free. I even got a xmas and boxing day cuddle.

Hope everyone had a good xmas

Jen and Jeremy

:D thats great news!

is he having bolus feeds then? thats super impressive! 12mls every 2 hours is a lot to such a tiny guy, he really is coming along.

i bet your christmas and boxing day cuddles were lovely.

heres looking forward to next crimbo when you will be at home with your little miracle.

thankyou for finding the time to post, i do get worried.

keep up the good work Jeremy (and Jen of course) :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

xxxxx

I think we should get 'Go Jeremy' T-shirts printed!!

It's lovely to here more good news, especially about the cuddles!! :D

hey guys,
mixed news today, he is finally 1kg which is really important because the only way for him to get properly better is to get bigger.

On the flip side he does actually appear to be deteriorating again! I can't believe every time he gets better he seems to get ill within a few days it is extremely depressing and demoralising.

Im off to get a hair cut now and see if some pampering can make me feel better!

x

:clap: for the weight gain

:( for the deteriorating

:pray: for a better day tiomorrow

and :dance: for you getting your hair done. make time for yourself, Jeremy needs Mummy to be strong and if you dont relax once in a while you will crack up.

i hope todays blip is just that and he will be back on top form tomorrow.

sending all my love :hug: xx

Sorry to hear he's had a bad couple days, he has done amazingly well though. I hope he's on the up again soon, he sounds like such a tough little guy :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back