Anybody claiming MA?

kaybee

Reaction score
And if so, did you hear anything from them after submitting your application, or is the first thing you know when the payments start going into your account?

I applied about 5 weeks ago, said I'm giving up work at 37 weeks (middle March) but I've not heard anything at all. I know it's still a few weeks off but I just wondered if this is the norm?

Can't help I'm afraid, but glad you posted. I've just rung up this morning for an MA claim form and the guy said he had "no idea" how long it takes to process (I'm hoping to take mat leave beginning of April). Have you tried calling them to chase it? I would have thought you'd have received a letter to confirm they will pay it, but maybe not?
Let me know what happens
xx

Hi Hun

I had my Alexa 5 weeks early (she is 3 weeks on wed) and I applied in mid December - I rang to tell them I had her early and really need them to speed things up! I am still waiting for the money!!!!!! Getting fed up now!
I would advise anyone else to get this application in asap - it takes a while!

It seems to change from office to office, Mine took about 4 weeks to process, but they DID send me a form that outlined what i was entitled too and when the first payment would come. Ring your local office (the one you sent it too) and they should be able to look and see if they've started to process it or not.

mine took a long time but they sent mine back to me cos i'd signed it 3 days too early, so i had to re sign it and then re send it, in all it took about 6 weeks i recon..

I got a letter about 2 weeks after I sent in my application, with a form that I had to send in the day I wanted to start my MA. Which I did, and 5 days later I got a letter saying it was aproved and how much I will be getting and when.
I sent mine to the Bury St Edmunds office, but I guess it does differ with different offices. I would defo give them a call.

Thanks for the advice girls.

Well, I phoned my local office who I applied to. They told me to call a different office. So I did, but they didn't know anything about it, only that my central records show its been received but they aren't the correct people to process it. So after a lot of being put on hold and to-ing and fro-ing they called me back and gave me another number to call, which is a central national office in Wrexham who deal with all the MA applications from now on... If anyone needs the number just pm me - it'll save you having to go round the houses with the local offices!

Anyway, the upshot is that they did receive the application a few weeks ago and I am definitely entitled to MA. At some point between now and mid March - when I want it to start - they will send me details outlining when I'll get paid, but it's on the system to start paying into my account on the date I requested anyway. Phew!

A lot of detail, but thought I'd explain it all in case it helps anyone in the same boat... x

i applied for mine in november only got it 3 weeks ago, they have too many apllications and far very behind

Sugar, I still have to send my form in, and I can't send it until I have my SMP1 form from work to state that I won't qualify for maternity pay from work.
I won't be able to manage without getting paid this, so I'm going to chase it with my HR tomorrow..... worried now!

I sent my application few weeks ago. I called them and they confirmed they had received it and it was 'being processed'. Have heard nothing since.

My employer was a little slow with the SMP1 form as they did not realise they had to fill one in so I went on direct.gov website and found the link that contains the form so my employer could print it off and fill in here's the form link:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimfor ... _print.pdf

The office told me they had a massive backlog (Bury St Edmunds) and that you should apply 15 week's before due date to get it processed in time.

If you don't have it in by that time do it ASAP and chase your HR dept!

Hope this helps

Claire xx

p.s although technically my employer didnt really need it they still requested a copy of my MATB1 too which I scanned and emailed them.......bossess!! xx

Oooh thanks for that! I'm late with this as usual! The thing is I didn't get my MATB1 until I was 26 weeks gone. 15 weeks is a long time before isn't it. I'd best chase it tomorrow if nothing comes in the post. Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back