• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any tips for identifying gender from scan

Clydesdaleclopper

Reaction score
I'm due my 20 week scan shortly and the hospital will not tell parents the gender of the baby. I was wondering if anyone knew what to look out for during the scan so that we might get some idea.

ummm a willy???
lol - it is very difficult to tell unless they really focus in on the area.
You may get lucky, but other than that you could try and catch the sonographer out or bribe them??!!

if its aboy then you will probably see its bits before the sonographer does lol.. i did with all mine anyway
good luck :hug:

id look out for a tuppence or a tap! :rotfl:

:lol:

yea i couldnt see nothing anyway :lol:

It will be difficult for you to pick it out really but if you do get a really close up glimpse you will either see it's a lil man or there will be 3 lines there for a girl (which form the labia). Good luck hun x

Hi

I agree if its a boy you will know! there was no mistaking my LO for a girl :)
Katrina

ok then so probably mines a lil girlie then :p id still love another scan lol

2 white oval shapes around the tummy are usually testes (true with my little boy) and apparently a hamburger (!) is a girl.

:D

I couldnt even tell when she pointed out his bits :shock: my OH said its prob cold :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

apparently in girls they look for overies?????

I couldn't see anything with my girls but with Nathan I could see it before she told me.

I didn't find out the sex but after my scan I was convinced I was having a boy as the sonographer scanned down below and Jake had his legs open so I seen his willy (I thought I did anyway and I now I know thats what it was). When your midwife listens to the heartbeat at your check ups ask her what the heartbeat is per minute(or she might write it in your notes). Some people believe that if the heartbeat is under 140 it's a boy and if it is 140 or over it's a girl. Everyone I have used this on has had the correct sex so far and even my midwife used this technique on me and it was right. Obviously this is not a way of finding out for certain but it is a bit of fun. Jakes heartbeat was always around 120. If you can afford it you could get one of those 4D scans done and find out that way.

Don't trust too much on 'seeing' a willy, sometimes, even the sonographer can mistake the cord for a willy and get it wrong!!

Fun to try to guess, but sad the hospital won't tell you, do you have alot of 'ethnic minorities' in your area? I heard some hospitals won't say as some cultures prize one sex over the other, and will request an abortion if the sex is 'wrong'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back