any ideas what this could be?

Sassyminx

Reaction score
the past week or 2, Finley has been excessively thirsty to the point he is drinking around 2ltrs of water/juice per day, not including his milk on a night/morning :?
His nappies are needing changing every 2hrs as they are leaking down to the amount he is consuming, and im getting quite concerned about it. Wondering if its a water infection as he is also yanking at his nappies and being quite moany.
Rang HV today who told me to get appointment with nurse to do a test for urine infection also one for diabetes, hes going on monday with his urine samples to get them both tested.

Anyone elses toddler had this?He is 19mths :dance:

i would definitely get him checked for diabetes hun. Have you noticed him losing weight or been more lethargic? if he is drinking that much then also ask for a blood test to make sure the salts etc in his blood are within the normal range, i hope its all ok xx :hug:

rusks said:
i would definitely get him checked for diabetes hun. Have you noticed him losing weight or been more lethargic? if he is drinking that much then also ask for a blood test to make sure the salts etc in his blood are within the normal range, i hope its all ok xx :hug:

I havent noticed him losing any weight but he does seem over tired recently, hes not eating either just doesnt seem to want to.

Ill update on monday when ive been to docs, hope he is ok :hug:

aww hun i dont have any advice but want to wish you luck for monday - please do update i hope there is nothing wrong :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm not sure hun..your post has made me think though! for quite a while now Hayden has been draining juice like theres no tomorrow..i never thought of there being something wrong as he has no other symptoms!

I hope hes ok let us know how his appt goes.. :hug: :hug:
do you think should be worried? as soon as Hayden wakes up he asks for a drink, drains it in a minute and then for the rest of the day he is bringing me his empty bottle saying "juice mama" i just keep refilling his drinks and never really thought anything of it because hes constantly running around playing and being lively i thought thats why... :think: :think:

Sassyminx said:
rusks said:

I havent noticed him losing any weight but he does seem over tired recently, hes not eating either just doesnt seem to want to.

Ill update on monday when ive been to docs, hope he is ok :hug:

just been thinking about this hun..my LO did somethin similar a few months back he would drink like a fish and demand more but then he would barley eat. he had tests for diabetes etc but then they came to the conclusion that he was doing what a few toddlers do. They confuse hunger with thirst so they drink constantly to cover both hunger and thirst but with them drinking so much well it kills their appetite hence they are not to fussed with food.

my HV told me to take his drink away from him and see what happens - if he constantly asks for a drink then limit it , only give drink at meal times and not in between meals this allows them to become hungary and not cover hunger with loads of fluid. MY LO was soaking thru a pampers baby dry nappy every 1-2 hours when he was doing this it soon stopped tho . i hope this is the answer to your worry and that he is not diabetic.

try taking his drink away today and see what happens :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

rusks said:
sassy any news on fin? :hug:

ive been woundering the same , hope they are both okay and its nothing like diabetes :think: :think: :think: :hug: :hug: :hug:

rusks said:
i'll pm her :hug:

thanks hun...bit worryin really she has not been online since ??? let me know if u get a reply - hope they are okay ??? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i haven't heard anything yet. sassy you ok?

any news hun dont think u have been online since posing this ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back