• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any advice re: milk and water?

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi all, Maddison dropped her bedtime milk about 7 weeks ago but still has milk in the morning. She will only take 6oz and as much as I try to give her milk all day long she just refuses it. I have tried loads of things to make her have more milk each day but she just wont have it. She refuses water too. I'm worried about her fluid intake :( She will have a couple of sips of water with meals but not much and I try giving her a sippy cup several times a day but she just throws it on the floor :( I give her weetabix in the morning with milk so she gets a bit extra from that but thats it. What can I do to make her take more fluid? Also, when she gets her morning bottle, I have to hold it for her, she wont hold it herself and I keep trying and trying to get her to hold it but she has a psycho until I hold the bottle. I tried to make this bottle a sippy cup but she wouldnt take it that way either :wall:

maybe try different bottles like a erm sports bottle? or maybe one with her favorite caractor,
or maybe add a tiny bit of fruit juice to it or flavored water sugar free of cource
good luck with it :hug:
im sure if she is thirsty she would drink though
xx

I cant help on the milk front as Ryan lurves his bottle in the morning and before bed at night, but with the sippy cup I'd just try a few different ones - think we have about 5 types - unless she was fine with them before in which case I don't know.... Ryan's always better with flavour rather than just water if thats any help, and when he was littlelittle and struggling for fluids I'd have a little bowl of water and when I was feeding food with a spoon id alternate between one spoon food and then one spoon water. Its a bit tiresome but got the job done lol..

Ryan's been the same recently about holding his bottle too... hes been fine holding it up til now but all of a sudden I have to hold it for him again or he has a skitso. Also, after his food at night he usually has a dummy (mostly cos hes whining for bed and I cant deal with it lol) but instead of before when I would offer his bottle and take ut his dummy and hed drink it, now he has to take his own dummy out and decide when he wants his milk or he throws a strop.

Must be an independance thing :roll:

i too tried loads of cups before we cracked it. i don't get these cups you have to bite and suck its unnatural! so luke has a larger sippy cup now. he drinks his milk well but i wouldn't be so worried about the milk intake with maddison but she definitely needs to replace that milk with other fluids. have you considered weak juice? if i put water in luke cup he'll have far less than if i just flavour it with the smallest amount of sugar free squash he'll drink loads of that. good luck hun. :hug:

Some things we try at work:

Warm water
Pure fruit juice dilouted (warm or cold)
Special baby squash (warn or cold)

Special looking straws - There are some great baby ones you can get!
Getting the child to chose the cup by holding out a choice of 2 or 3
Drinking out of the same style cup with the child

Just some ideas

x

Thanks for the ideas girls, I will try flavouring some water tomorrow and see if she fancies it. She took some blackcurrant squash of mine earlier (sugar free) so I may have to make fluid more tasty for her to be interested :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back