any advice 4 me re weaning

lisas_lil_girl

Reaction score
hi

my libbie is 3 months oldand last week i started her on baby rice once a day as she was showing all the signs of wanting food. my hv said not to give her hungry milk so i didnt. then on friday after 6 days of the baby rice she became really unsettled so i stopped it. i have since found that she is teething - red cheeks, dribbles and gettin a sore bum etc. should i start her back on the rice?? thanks x

I've no experience of weaning that young as I don't believe its necessarily a good thing in respect of hunger. It's young to be starting solids, which is what baby rice is to a baby. There's questions as to if she'll have the right enzymes necessary to digest foods other than milk yet. Baby rice also has less calories and nutrients than milk, so won't satisfy her as well as formula.

I would seriously consider giving her hungrier baby formula, we did with Isaac and he was happier for it, and my HV wasn't keen on the idea but we knew Isaac better than her, obviously hehe, and we felt he was too young for baby rice, so chose formula. Do what you feel is right but I'd swap rice for hungrier formula personally, we used C&G and Isaac was fine on it.

Very best wishes, try talking to your HV again, tell her what you've decided and that you'd like her support and guidance :hug:

thanks for replies, i still havent started her back on the rice and just today she has became hungrier again! libbies daddy( my ex!) new girlfriend reckons she has reacted to it as she has had a rash (eczema!) but she hasnt had it for almost 2 weeks now and was only on it for 5 days!!! i think im gunna wait til she is 4 months old. she was enjoying it and took so well off a spoon! shes still not 100% but i think its all down to the teeth - i think! she'll prob prove me wrong again! lol.

If she's become hungrier again it's her sign of saying she wants the baby rice back, and 4 months is only a guideline you don't have to stick to it "to the day".

If you think she got a reaction from it, try another brand and in the meantime ask your HV about intolerance testing.

If she's getting hungrier she really needs more. They teethe for months and months, that shouldn't be a reason not to wean her... give calpol/teething gel and that should solve the problem. If you have concerns you're best to chat to a HV for advice and confirmation of allergys rather than to avoid something she blatantly wants if you're not 100% sure.

:hug:

Hope you sort it out. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back