another way to start labour

maldives

Reaction score
although i don't know why im scared to try it. have a strong feeling its gonna work soo im not going for it until i am 38+
it is ...
CINNAMON POWDER ..
I have been told making tea out of cinnamon powder puts u directly into labour. u should make it strong though...
hmmm. i will try it in a weeks time and let u know.

Ooo, let us know if it works, I'll so try it if it does! Im liking cinimon at the moment too.....

Never heard that one before. May drink a bucket in about a month :rotfl:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how intresting..... no ive never heard of that un either!!
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

right, im off to the shop to buy some!! lol :lol:

only kidding, not yet!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..thanx anna....
think we'll skip this one eh maldives!! :shock:

back to the spicy food and pineapple! :)

ohhh yes i could just eat a nice curry with pineaple in it mmmmmmmmmm :D

ive tried everything :wall:

i ate so much pineapple my teeth starting to sting - nothing :wall:

last nite i had a hot curry (i normally hate curry but anything is worth a try) - nothing :wall:

hot baths - nothing :wall:

bedroom action - nothing :wall:

walking - ive walked miles!! and u guessed it - nothing :wall:

ohhh becky, i dread to think what its like to go overdue.... ive still got 2 1/2 weeks left and ive already had enough!!!!!!

hope it happens ASAP for you!!!! :hug:

fran_23 said:

i just found this aswell

Some of the most common natural methods to induce labour:

Acupuncture This supports cervical ripening at term and can shorten the time interval between the due date and the actual time of delivery. It is important to see a TCM practioner or a registered Acupuncturist that is experienced in working with pregnancy.
Lovemaking Sexual intercourse is thought to work in two ways. It may trigger the release of a hormone called oxytocin - the 'contraction' hormone - and this may increase the frequency of Braxton-Hicks, or practice, contractions. Semen also contains substances called prostaglandins. These can help to ripen, or soften, the neck of the womb (cervix) ready for it to dilate when labour contractions start.
If you think your waters may have broken, don't make love as this may increase the risk of infection, but do seek advice from your midwife or your local maternity unit.
Nipple stimulation This will release the hormone oxytocin and may help start labour. It's only likely to be successful if your cervix is 'ripe' and ready to dilate; otherwise it seems to help with the ripening process. There is no agreement on how much nipple stimulation you need, or how often, to stimulate contractions.
Walking This is also a common suggestion. The explanation appears to be that the pressure of your baby's head pressing down on the cervix from the inside stimulates the release of oxytocin, hopefully bringing on labour. If your baby has not 'dropped' or is still high in the pelvis, walking will also encourage your baby into a better position so that labour is more likely to start on its own.
Spicy food Some people swear that it was that extra-hot enchilada from their favorite Mexican restaurant that brought them face to face with their new baby. Unfortunately, the statistics are out on this one. You could try it, but if you have a full stomach when you are in labor, you might vomit and see that enchilada again--in less-than-appetizing circumstances.
Clary Sage Oil-This is an essential oil that can cause strong contractions. Mix 10-15 drops of the oil with a carrier oil such as Almond oil. Rub the oil on your hands and use some lotion (any kind) and just massage in. You can do it for as long as you'd like.
Raspberry Leaf Tea - Raspberry leaf tea is not actually known for it's labor inducing properties, but it is believed to be helpful in toning the uterus and helping with labor.
Cinnamon stick tea - Take cinnamon sticks and boil them into a tea and drink. It actually tastes good so even if it doesn't bring on labor it may help you to relax.
Evening primrose oil - Evening primrose oil comes in small capsules similar to vitamin E. It is believed to help soften and ripen the cervix.
Caulophyllum 200x: This homeopathic remedy is reported to be a good labor initiator. The dose can be repeated every half-hour for two hours

OMG.. sorry didn't know how poweful cinnamon can be. a relative tried it and swears by it. but if i knew it could be harmful i wouldn't have started this thread. really sorry girls..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back