Angel-Care Heart monitors

Nic'n'Keeley

Reaction score
Keeley has one has one and last night it went off supposedly meanin she stopped breathing :shock: :cry:

I have never ran so fast in my life by me flyin thru the door i woke her up...

Has anyone got one of these? and has it ever gone off for no reason...?

Do you think i need to worry about her stoppin breathin cos i'm not sure if she did or not :?

I have never been so worried in my whole life than yesterday :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ive not had one, but planning on getting one for bailey..

i think they are like the apnea alarms hospitals use, and when bailey was in, his kept going off alot.. this is because as babys they can get into a very deep sleep and can sometimes forget to breath, if it goes off again just gently arouse her she will be fine..

they can go off as well if you havent placed it correctly under her, it needs to be under her chest and if shes moved then hence why it went off..

hope you feel better now! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think its cos she moves round too much in her sleep i think she moved off the pad :?

I feel better now its morning :)

Thanks for the :hug: :hug:

The pads are not very big are they.. they are generally for babies under 6 months they seem to think b abys under 6 months dont move as much.. how old is keeley now...

*edit just seen it 10 months..*

may be that she will move around loads.. all you can do is arouse her if it goes off again hun :)

crikey Nic!! That must have been absolutely terrifying!! I don't think I will get one of these, if they went off by accident it would just be horrendous! I am sure you have no need to worry, keep an eye on her today and see how she is, in all likelyhood she just wriggled off the mat!!

christopher has had the angle care monitor right from birth - he has set his alarm off so so so many times but only because he has moved off his sensor mat - but it still scares me every time especially at night i go running in ther. im glad im not the only one who has had false alarms but i still wouldnt have any other monitor :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Oh Nic poor you bet that was terrifying! :hug:

We have this too but to be honest we have stopped using the mat now and just using the monitor as Brody moves all over the place now so it would forever be going off!

We never had any problems with it but did panic once when the low battery alarm thing went off!

I was gonna stop using it at 6 months then i changed my mind... and have said a year :)

One of my friends has an Angel Monitor, and she says it sometimes goes off when she puts the microwave on!!! :shock:

Very BIG hugs Nic :hug: that must have been quite scary indeed :hug:
We have a Tommee Tippee one and its never gone off by accident, but I have read babies can 'stop' breathing for up to 20seconds and that its quite normal, but obviously ask your HV/GP to clarify that.

Hope it never happens again, very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back