Amby Natures Nest Baby Hammock

hha. yeah they look brill and would be a great space saver for us and our bedroom! i think we are pretty set on getting one, as they have great benefits it seems (certainly not the price though :shock: )
awwww i cant wait to start buying baby stuff. i am trying to hold off for 28weeks + (dont think i'm gonna be able to do it)hehe

That looks fab! i wish i had known about them when i was pregnant!

My mum sent me a link to these as a joke but I took her seriously and spent a lot of time researching them :D

I was very convinced as I thought it would be perfect to keep baby in our room for 6 months and to use as a travel cot too. But then I found stuff that changed my mind.

If you click on 'See reviews of this product' at the bottom of your link you'll see that some people have found them to be a disadvantage. The review that really put me off must be on another website as I don't see it there - it was by parents of a wiggly baby who would wriggle down each night so wake with their feet higher than their head :( Lots of reviews give the impression that you can't use this for as long as 12 months as they get uncomfortable.

Its dimensions are :
Height - 60 inch / 152 cm
Depth - 38 inch / 97 cm
Width - 27.5 inch / 67 cm
so it will take up more space than a crib and you will have to get a cot or cotbed for when they are 12 months anyway. And at 5' it will look like it takes up a lot of room as the top will be at eye level or above depending on your height.

And it is just as heavy as a regular travel cot but more fuss to dismantle and reassemble.

I'm not trying to put you off, I just wanted to let you know some of the things I found out about it that made me change my mind. If you get it and it's great let me know :D I did like the theory of it a lot.

Oh, I just remembered another deciding factor - in the dark in the middle of the night it will be far easier to get them out of a crib or cot. I wanted it for beside our bed so I can lift LO into bed for feeding without getting out of bed myself but with this you would have to get out of bed as it's too high and mobile.

Oh I never read what it said lol I just thought of using it in the day!?
I think I would prefer a crib / moses basket for the night?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back