am i tempting fate

roxane 1985

Reaction score
ok so with my last pregnancy which ended about 7/8 wks i had brought a little outfit for the baby at 6 wks,

this time im almost 10 wks and been tempted by a gorgeous blanket and a changing bag - part of me regrets buyings lol

i finally had the bag arrive today and couldnt resist putting in the blanket,plus the outfit from last time along with a couple of my daughters old newborn clothes, plus a couple of the things i got in my bounty pack such ascream, nappy wipes and breast pads.

do u think its a bit soon to have done that and tempted fate?

i know it sounds daft cus ifs its healthy buying something isnt going to change that

Doesn't sound daft to me :) Just sounds like you're excited. Like you said, if the baby's healthy... It's not going to change anything :) x

thanks for that, i felt guilty for a moment thinking, should i take it allout the bag and put it back lol

It's very hard not to! It's good to have positive thoughts and vibes! If things go wrong they were going to whether you brought stuff or not, it's nice to dream about the little one and buying a few bits and bobs as you go along helps to get used to the idea of becoming a mum and spreads the cost out over a number of months. Maybe wait til much later for the big things though, not that I think your tempting fate or anything but these are hard to hide away if things did go wrong, that's what I'm thinking anyway, not that I've got anything yet but that's mainly cos I've not told people yet!

yeah i agree, when i was having my daughter, i waited till after the 20wk scan before i got my pushchair and cot

Theres nothing at all wrong with that. Good for you!

Im only 4+4 and Ive bought a 'Babys First Year' Book. I bought it 2 weeks before my BFP. Ive bought a baby/pregnancy journal thinking I was tempting fate only to find you fill it in from week 1 of pregnancy which is before you even conceive in reality. Ive been looking at baby things and am tempted but will wait a little. I even looked at prams today in Leeds market but was just getting an idea. If things go wrong we will try again at some point and those things will still come in handy so dont feel bad, enjoy it and be happy :)
XX

ive got a journal too, luckily i wrote in it in pencil so when i had the m/c last yr i could just rubit out ready for next time .

thats roxie's handy pregnancy tip of the day lmao

Hi hun I had a mc at 8 weeks last april. This time I did not buy any clothing for the bubba until my 20 week scan was all ok! Personal choice but I couldn't bear it if it was bad news again xx

yh with my first i brought stuff when i was 6 wks 6 days after my scan lol - shes now 3 thank god

then with last one got 1 outit after 6 wks scan and lost it at 8wks :(

so been naughty this time getting at bag at 9wks 4 days after 8 wk scan lol hopefully all is well got another scan this satso fingers crossed

I hope it's not unlucky! My family has gone crazy. We've got a million clothes and bits (or so it seems) plus a cot and moses basket! I'm only 11 weeks! The spare room (which I must stop calling it that) seems to be full of baby stuff already. I'm gonna need a bigger house if the family keep buying at this rate! :s
xxx

Hi roxane,

Seems we both have the same due date :) I went shopping yesterday and all I looked at were baby things. The nursery set I liked was on 20% off and I was super tempted. Only thing that stopped me is that we're moving to Australia in a few weeks and my house has all been packed up-so I couldn't actually get the stuff across there.

As you said if the baby is healthy a few purchases won't make any difference.

Good luck x

I have bought some stuff for baby, mostly unisex stuff but some girl stuff too. I do however feel a bit awkward about buying it this early so I've promised myself I won't buy anything else until 20 weeks.

xx

I feel the same as you hon in that I'm so keen to get bits but don't want to tempt fate. It's daft really though because like others have said what will be will be regardless of what we buy. I did actually have a little spree in Primark at lunchtime, not for baby stuff but I did buy a summer dress and a couple of floaty tops suitable for when my belly gets bigger. Might buy a couple of baby bits after 12 week scan x x

I keep looking at prams because theres so many but Im not getting one till about 6 months. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back