Am I being Paranoid

Lynseysg

Reaction score
Hi girls

Been for a check up this morning 16 weeks and he did a scan, and said 'oh i cant see the gender, baby has its legs crossed,' so i quickly said 'oh we dont want to know the sex.'

I didnt think to mention before the scan as i never thought they would say anything unless you asked - plus im only 16 weeks.

Anyway once he had checked me and baby over and was happy with the scan - he smiled and said 'i know what it is but im not telling you' .........we just laughed, but he was so sure im convinced he saw 'something' to be so sure and therefore it must be a boy.

I came out and we were waiting for my vitamins etc and i said to my partner it must be a boy he was so confident.

I have always thought we would have a boy ive no reason to think this i just do. Am i just convincing myself more that i think its a boy, or could he have been just as convinced if it was a little girl????? I mean he does this everyday im sure they are confident most the time anyhow............am i reading into things?

Can anyone offer any advice?
x

Hey hun, they say at 16 weeks they can tell if a boy or girl so he probably does know. Doesn't mean he's seen boys bits! As u say they do this job everyday and are very experienced! They probably have an idea at an early scan but can't say incase its not 100 % :) if u wanna wait it out then ur gunna be guessing for a few months yet so no point winding urslef up about It hunny! Hehe! But, he should stop saying that to you because its kinda like pressuring u into asking! Happy guessing tho and relax and enjoy that bubba is happy and safe! X

Thankyou!!!

I just think as ive always thought it was a boy that im reading into it..........as i always do!!!

Ive since looked on different websites and seen that they can be just as sure its a girl as it is a boy, which i didnt realise, so maybe ive got it wrong.

I dont want to know though, just didnt want it to be spoilt for us. Main thing like you say is baby is healthy and its so lovely every time i go and hear the heartbeat...........thats all that matters to me
x

It could just as easily be a girl! Just cos he's seen "something" doesn't necessarily mean
Boy bits!! With my 2nd, I knew she was a girl before she even said cos I saw the girl bits!xx

i think hed be sure if it was a boy or a girl to... I got told at 16 weeks what i was having- He would be just as sure seeing girly bits as boys parts.. Glad ur baby is well whatever he/she is lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back