• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All of a sudden??

faithsmummy

Reaction score
In the last 3 hours ive got really nervous about giving birth it has just hit me!
did anyone else get this scared this close to the end!
im really worried i know it has to come out now but im sooooo scared! :?

im scared already and i've got ages to go :shock:

:hug: but you've just got to think thats once its over you've got your little girl and you'll forget all about the pain.. thats what im hoping anyway :hug:

Exactly Claire!

I'm not gonna lie it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences to say the least but i'd do it a thousand times over for Sophie!

You'll be fine hun :hug:

Hi

Its okay to be a bit nervous hun :hug: You will be fine, i went into labour thinking what comes in the end and when they wheeled me into my room i looked at everyone and said yup ill do this again. You do forget about the pain .
So it cant be that bad :)
Katrina

I remember sitting here when my contractions started and thinking holy s**t i cant get out of this, no matter what this baby is coming out one way or another. As labour progressed i just got more and more impatient as mine dragged on for 4 days but funnily once it was going the fear went completely

I'm very scared too lol when ur sitting doing nothing and ur mind starts 2 wonder thats when i really start thinking scary thoughts lol try not to think about it much lol

nothing to be scared of, youll forget it, :hug: :hug: and have that pretty princess b4 you know it. shes coming out hun yjust got to go with it and i promise you youll not remember as soon as youve had her! :hug:

I was going to post something like this, but I didn't want to set people's minds off lol. I'm scared because by BH are getting really strong, and although they're really infrequent, they make me stop and wince. But, I also reckon that being stressed at this point is probably part of the process - one of my preggers books says women often start shivering very close to labour as the adrenalin starts to rise. I also reckon that close to labour as the baby is starting to engage, etc, there's probably loads of really subtle hormonal changes going on, which make us feel a bit twitchy. Basically I'm just looking for a way to clamp down on my nerves lol, but I know for me if I think oh it's just my hormones, it makes it easier. Plus, I've also let go of my plan to have as little pain killer as possible, I now reckon all I need to do is see how long I can last, and then I can go mad for it lol. So I'm just trying to be as kind as possible to myself, because at the end of the day it's a huuuuuuuuuge thing that we will be doing, and big ups to all of us for doing all!

im really scared already of labour and giving birth even tho ive done it 3 times before!!!!

I think everyone gets nervous, but definitely when it starts you forget the nerves and just concentrate on what is happening.

One tip: Don't watch Lee Evans whilst you are in labour, laughing definitely makes them more painful (as I found out to my detriment)!!! :rotfl:

Shell as you can probably remember I was petrified of giving birth!! So much so I had to go and see my consultant :oops:

All im going to say is, if I can do it you can!! It is painful and hard work, but when you are there doing it all you concentrate on is the labour and the contractions and you really dont have the time or energy to be scared. Like Vicki says, id do it all again for my gorgeous little man and you will be suprised at how strong you will be and how you will cope.

There are people out there who are a lot weaker than you that have to give birth and get through it!

Dont worry, its healthy to be nervous, but you will do great :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back