• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alcohol in the 2ww??

Want Baby number1

Reaction score
Hi. Im in my second month of ttc. I decided before we started ttc that i wouldnt start letting it take over my life! I was due to OV between 11th-19th Feb. So im now in the 2ww. I went out last night to a bar-club as it was a friends birthday... I decided as i didnt know weather i was or not (pg) i wouldnt drink that much. I drank 2 smirnoff ices, 2 bacardi brezzers and one martini and lemonade. could this affect anything because for some reason i feel really guilty now!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Want Baby number1 said:
I drank 2 smirnoff ices, 2 bacardi brezzers and one martini and lemonade. could this affect anything because for some reason i feel really guilty now!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeez, I must be a lightweight...if I drank all that I'd be on the floor :puke: :lol: I don't stop drinking during the 2WW but I just drink in moderation e.g. if I go out i'll have a small glass of wine.

Scarily - I read today that alcohol can cut your fertility by half (you and the fella)... so me and OH have decided to cut out all alcohol (not sure how long thats going to last though?!)

CharlieP said:
Scarily - I read today that alcohol can cut your fertility by half (you and the fella)... so me and OH have decided to cut out all alcohol (not sure how long thats going to last though?!)

I think that's true but only if you drink lots, a couple of units of alcohol here and there aren't going to harm you.

I found this on FF:-

Can I drink alcohol while trying to conceive?

Heavy drinking has been associated with impaired fertility and is definitely not recommended when pregnant so should be avoided when trying to conceive. Studies on fertility and moderate alcohol consumption are not conclusive, with some showing adverse affects and others showing little or no impact. Our recommendation when trying to conceive is to treat your body as if you were pregnant, since you could be pregnant at any time.

If it was just last night, chances are that if your egg did get fertilized it won't have had a chance to implant yet, so probably the drinking won't have done any harm. Even so, it's still best not to have much or any at all while trying to get pregnant, regardless of whether you're in the 2ww or not, for the reasons the girls have said above. I've heard that one unit a day is ok, but I've decided b/c I have fertility problems anyway to not have a drop while ttc.

I very rarely drink anyway but if I feel like a glass then I will have a glass...although that never happens :) .

This question is asked alot in TTC so I asked the mums in off topic if they drank before they found out they was pg. It is an interesting read ...topic

I don't drink very often either, maybe once a month maximum. I just get the odd night, especially at the weekend, when I want to go up to the bath with a glass of wine and then come downstairs afterwards, all snug and cosy in my pyjamas and have a few more glasses on the sofa whilst eating rubbish and watching rubbish. It's fairly infrequent, but now that hubby has put the kibosh on any drinking at all, I really want one (or four)! I suppose it's just me wanting what I know I can't have D:

Yes i only drink even before trying to concieve maybe once every 2-3 months... very rarely!!! lol, boring sod. And i hadnt drank anything since the start of ttc or longer, it was just this one night. I dont even drink hardly any tea (my fav drink) while trying to concieve, maybe 1 mug every 2 days or something. well i hope it didnt ruin my chances at all anyway... and as i said i hardly ever drink alcohol, never mind in the 2ww so hopefully wont affect me (or bby if theres one!! lol)!!
xxxxxxxxxxx

i'd had a real bender 3 days before my positive test - i'd thought we'd missed peak time that month cos we'd both been away - all was fine. I haven't met anyone yet who hadnt had a drink in the days leading upto their bfp tbh.

That said I have cut my drinking down and am now a glass or 2 on a sat night now -

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back