• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

aiden has the cold - help?

sarafet

Reaction score
he's in bed just now but has already wakened a few times bc he can't breathe properly through his nose. i already have a muslin with carvol on it in his cot, but he's still really bad, i just want to help him, he loves his sleep :(

any tips? xx

Tis pish Sarah, I'm sorry love. Maybe saline nose drops, stick some books under the legs of his cot to raise one end of it?

1. Nasal Aspirator (if you can manage to use it on him without being punched, kicked etc lol) You suck the snot out basically (has a filter so it can't go into your mouth!) Can be bought in Mothercare, Tesco, Boots etc.

2. Calpol plugin thing - we found it with the Karvol. It smells of lavender and methol, I wasn't convinced it would help, but it really fills Phoebe's little room up and helps to keep her a bit calmer.

If he wakes lots, offer some water, Phoebe was lapping it up when she was ill - I guess they must get a sore throat like we do.

Colds suck at the best of times, let alone when your LO gets one. Hope it doesn't last too long. :hug: :hug:

What the others have said. We raised Galen's cot with a fair few Next and phone books. He was on a real slope. Also the old snot sucker can help. Nasal drops also good.

Sometimes just holding him more upright to clear his nose will help.

If he is really bad you can try him in his car seat or pushchair for a bit also. Its the lying down bit that makes it worse, so being sloped would be better.

thanks girls :hug:

he's so much better now :D i sloped the cot the other night and put karvol all over a muslin and tied it to his cot.. he still has a bit of a runny nose but can breathe much easier. i'm also going to invest in one of they snot suckers :lol:

thankyou!! xx

Vicks! My Mum said to use Vicks on Ella's feet when she was poorly and it worked really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back