Advice please

Gruntie2

Reaction score
Last week my midwife told me to go to the docs due to pains i was getting in my right upper thigh and back... My doc told me i have a inflammed psoas muscle and prescribed me with co-codemol and to put a warm hot water bottle on my back and thigh when i was in pain.... I have been doing this for nearly a week now and the pain isn't going? Last nite we went to ALDI just for a couple of items.. i was only stood up for like 3 or 4 mins.. and i was in agony.. my back and leg felt like it was really burning.... This monring i have woken up with a really bad back and where the pain in my thigh was.. its so tender to touch.... what should i do.. doc reckons that i can't really do anything until it goes... I am going away ina week and doon't want to be stuck in doors cuz i can't manage to walk for more than 5 mins..... Should i phone the midwife again or go to the docs again????

Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor or masseuse or someone like that? Maybe they'd be able to help.

go bk to the drs... mayby they can perscribe a girdle belt thing..

Sounds like you need to visit a phsyio (excuse the spelling), rather than the doctor.

I would go see the midwife, they'll have more experience of SPD or whatever it is. Dunno what your GP is like but mine is an older man who thinks pregnancy is nothing special, he'd tell me to have 2 paracetamol and go swimming.....ffs
A midwife can refer you to physio or get a Dr to prescribe you something you can take whilst pg...Good luck hun, no one should have to be in pain in this day and age :hug:

I would go see the midwife, they'll have more experience of SPD or whatever it is. Dunno what your GP is like but mine is an older man who thinks pregnancy is nothing special, he'd tell me to have 2 paracetamol and go swimming.....ffs
A midwife can refer you to physio or get a Dr to prescribe you something you can take whilst pg...Good luck hun, no one should have to be in pain in this day and age :hug:

Go see a private chiropractor.

I did something to my back in July, I just bent over thats all....but I couldn't walk, was in agony, had to go to the hospital it was that bad. But all I was told to do was put a hot water bottle on it, take some paracetamol and lots of bed rest. Well we were going away on the Disney Cruise round the med, and it was a holiday of a lifetime, and I so didn't want to miss it...as the NHS here didn't want to do squat, I paid for a private physio/chiropractor. She gave me a massage with heat everyday for 45 minutes for the week before I went away. Gave me some anti inflammatory cream and told me to use a hot water bottle all the time... I couldn't walk when I went to see her the first time, I was carried...but on the last session I walked out, feeling 100x better...and best of all I got to go on my holiday...

Honestly, forget the docs, go and see someone who can give you a massage or some manipulation otherwise you will have to just put up with it....and you don't have to.

have you tried, hot water bottle for 15 mins then frozen pack or peas etc for 15 mins then back to hot then cold, do this 2 or 3 times a day and it could very well help :pray:

just spoke to my midwife group.. they have advised i go back to the doctor and ask them to refer me to a physio...... going tomorrow morning.....

been doctors this morning... waste of bloody time.. they are gonna refer me to a physio but that could take up to 2 weeks.. in the mean time i just have to keep taking paracetamol and put up with the pain... :-( i hope i get to see the physio in less time than that or my holiday is going to be ruined as i won't get to walk around much.. will be stuck in the caravan :-(

Gruntie2 said:
been doctors this morning... waste of bloody time.. they are gonna refer me to a physio but that could take up to 2 weeks.. in the mean time i just have to keep taking paracetamol and put up with the pain... :-( i hope i get to see the physio in less time than that or my holiday is going to be ruined as i won't get to walk around much.. will be stuck in the caravan :-(

Go to a physio yourself, even a massage theropist that deals in Reiki, most of these big places do it, I did wth my pains. All they did was an hour of their magic stuff and I felt better, it only last 4 days but it was still for 4 days lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back