Advice On My Growth Scan Pls...

Dee83

Reaction score
Had it yesterday, all seems fine with my little boy - or should i say big boy!! The sonographer said he's measuring above average (which we expected), but she didn't go into much detail. I didn't get to see a midwife or my consultant after the scan, as they were fully booked, i'm not going to see them until Thursday of next week and i don't really understand the results. If someone could shine some light on them i would appreciate it?

Estimated weight was 3lb10 (i was 29+6wks yesterday). He is showing at just under the 400 Percentile on the growth chart - don't have a clue what this means! His head circumference is at 290 on the chart, which looks like it's just over the average line.

Thanks girls :) xxx

My estimated weight of LO today was 2 pounds 13. Not sure if that helps!

I heard somewhere that about 3lb was average for 30weeks not sure if that's correct tho? What did they say about his weight, is he about average?

Funny you should say this a Lilmoomin and I are chatting on FB and she just told me
Week 29 he should weigh on average 2.54 lbs!
The doc said my LO was perfect.

At my growth scan friday at 30+4 I was told mine was 4lb8oz which is big! Supposed to be around 3lb at 30?? So yes yours seems a little on the big side like mine!

x

I have just been for a scan and mine weighed 3lbs 4oz at 29+4 and i specifically asked the consultant whether he was big or small. he told me he is perfect weight and size so you must be too hun.

here are two pics of my results, sorry if their not very clear xx

hospdoc.JPG

hospdoc2.JPG

At my growth scan friday at 30+4 I was told mine was 4lb8oz which is big! Supposed to be around 3lb at 30?? So yes yours seems a little on the big side like mine!

x

Thanks Jaxx. Yeah i heard the average is around 3lb at 30wks, i've just googled it to double check and that seems to be the case. xx

I have just been for a scan and mine weighed 3lbs 4oz at 29+4 and i specifically asked the consultant whether he was big or small. he told me he is perfect weight and size so you must be too hun.

here are two pics of my results, sorry if their not very clear xx

View attachment 10134

View attachment 10135

That's really helpful, thanks Pos. It's so difficult with me not seeing the consultant or midwife, the sonographer literally told me all was fine but that baby is on the larger side. Then i was handed my notes, with the little dots put on the growth chart to show where he's up to, and i was sent on my way! I didn't get anything as detailed as your result sheets!
Did they show u were he was up to on the percentile growth chart thingy? xx

Just found this which charts the average length and weight of baby at each given week:
http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart
Of course i know that all babys are different but it's interesting to see the averages!
One thing they didn't tell me was the length of LO, hopefully consultant will be able to tell me when i see her, although i thought it would have been put in my notes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back