advice needed

missac

Reaction score
I have a pain just above my pubic line to the right and it hurts when I lift my right leg it is a stabby type of pain - can anyone help I am considering nhs 24 as I am quite worried, please help xxx

spd i think. nothing to worry about but very sore. tanket had it quite bad, . Phone nhs though if you are worried. im pretty sure baby isnt affected.

Hi just ti let u know that i have that too, im trying to hold out till tuesday to ask the midwife. x

Could be round ligament pain too - when you lift up your leg you use a lot of the muscles in your stomach and hips to stabilise your leg..... Obviously being pregnant a lot of tendons are stretched and when you put extra pressure on them by lifting your leg it can cause pain..

If you are really concerned then ring NHS direct. But I think its probably a combination of ligament pain and SPD pain.

To avoid it try not to lift your leg up too high ( I find that if I have to lift my leg Ie to get into the bath then it is easier if I lean forwards slightly - this reduces the stretch in the ligaments), don't stand on one leg and don't stretch... also see the notes on SPD excercises........

****** if you have any altered sensation in that leg or it feels cooler than the other one then get it checked out by A&E **************

Hope this helps!

Lyndsey

Ligament pain :shock: Its horrible! I get it really bad for a couple of days and then my bump grows :D Its just my body's way of stretching to grow my baby girl :D

it seems to have gone!! I am such a drama queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had it ina very mild form, it would come and go and certain things would make it sore like a certain seat or walking in shoes with even a small heel.
Hope it stays away for you :pray:

I had similar symptoms and it turned out I had a bladder infection if the pains come back you shud talk to your midwife :hug:

missac said:

yes you are.....such a drama queen!!!!!

I hope you are feeling better still babe, I had that horrid stabbing pain a few weeks ago, just in from my right hip, was on & off for a few days, and hasn't been back since :pray: :cheer: :shakehead:

I keep getting a stabbing pain low down on the right side, MW said it's just ligament pain, don't worry unless it's accompanied by bleeding/cramping/sickness/dodgy bowel movements.

Glad you're feeling better now though :hug:

Emmylou said:
missac said:

yes you are.....such a drama queen!!!!!

:
:rotfl: I think I have another wee wee infection!!!! I will take in a bottle of my finest of wednesday - did I mention that I am having my scan on wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back