advice needed...how much do you change just in case?

chellieboo

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

In a bit of a dilemma mentally....in that I think I'm going mad!! tee hee

anyway back to the point. I just wondered how much people let the fact "that they might be pregnant" affect their lives in terms of giving things up during the 2ww everymonth?

this might sound stupid and totally but at the moment I try to be good during the 2ww and avoid things that are possibly bad for the potential babe i.e drinking, aggressive sports (snowboarding, windsurfing etc), certain yoga positions, certain foods, baths that are really hot (like to boil myself generally) etc and to be honest I find it a bit frustrating when its a BFN.

anyone else feel the same? please don't slate me in reply to this post and tell me I have to think of the potential baby etc cos I already know that ....I'm just hoping someone else feels the same as me, or can offer some advice.

I don't take any meds no matter how much pain I'm in (sometimes a few paracetamol but that's it) don't drink or have loads of fatty foods :shock:

Do you ever feel "Grrrrrrr...." about it? or is it just me (its mainly the sports thing really - I have a friend who I windsurf with but everytime during the 2ww I decline going, and then think DAMN I could have gone).
I also only take paracetamol. afraid I don't avoid fatty food though!

To be totally honest I haven't really changed anything. I'm taking folic acid but I am not really doing anything else differently. :oops:

I am expecting this will take a while and I'm not going to make it more stressful than it already is. Ok I'm not going to get rat arsed or do anything extreme but at the same time I don't want to spend my time being over cautious. I have read that the placenta doesn't develop in the first 2 weeks and so what you consume doesn't have as much of an impact in the 2 week wait. As soon as I get a BFP I won't drink at all and will avoid everything I am supposed to.

Maybe I'm wrong and if anyone has any information to suggest I have it totally wrong please advise as I will of course be more cautious.

B

You are not the only one!

I too avaoid medication, going the gym to do my mad exercise, avoid certain food, try and avoid drink - although i dont want to raise suspicsion around my friends - lol.

And I have a real short cycle at the mo, so by the time you take the 2ww, and anything you cant do during AF week, there is only a few days left for me to be normal! :rotfl:

And yes i am disappointed every time!!

Piglet xx

Yes I get angry that I could of taken pain meds and had a good drink.

Here is what I read on the internet that made me feel relaxed about what I eat and drink during my two week wait. Has anyone read any research to the contrary as I don't want to be taking an unnecessary risk.

>The first two weeks of pregnancy the baby is protected from harm because it isn't actually being built yet. First, the fertilized egg travels to the uterus and implants. Then it start to build what will later become the sac and the placenta. Only then does the baby itself start to build, about 2 weeks after fertilization.<

Thanks

Hello

i have started taking the pregnacare Tablets & dont take Paracetmol Unless i really cant stand the pain.
Sorry to say i aint really stayed away from fatty foods but will do once i get my BFP: :oops:
I dont drink anyway so not really bothered about drinking.

vicki

:cheer:

Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me sticking my beak in..but was in your situation only 9 months ago!!

The first two months I was TTC I was really good. I BD on all the right days, ate well, etc, basically did everything by the book. Lets just say I was more than frustrated when I didnt get my BFPs those months!

However, the third month I literally just thought 'sod it im going to forget all about TTC this month' I was pretty fed up at the fact I hadnt conceived yet even though it had only been two months.

It was hard, but I just kept my self so occupied and didnt do ANYTHING to enhance my chances of trying to conceive, I ate what I want, didnt even check to see if I was ovulating!! I was very good looking back.

And do you know, that was the month I fell pregnant. So many people have said to me 'Try not to try and it will happen' and for me it was so true.

I know you will prob be screaming at the PC whilst reading this saying 'How can you just forget about TTC!!' but trust me I do understand cos I have been there.

In 'planning' these things puts the body under stress and the body will NOT perform to its best when under these sorts of pressures, in my opinion.

So my advice to you ladies it to just try and have a month 'out', relax, go places, read a new book, eat what they hell you want and just chill.

You might just get a nice suprise :wink:

Well this month I drank loads and had the magic med right up until 3 days after I thought I'd OVed then stopped and I think (hope) this is the month!

PyscoFalcon said:
Well this month I drank loads and had the magic med right up until 3 days after I thought I'd OVed then stopped and I think (hope) this is the month!

Very best of luck what a good xmas present if you get a BFP xxx

I take sanatogens pre-natel tablets - has the right amount of folic acid and lots of other goodies, and I try not to get too bladdered lol, but the truth is while we desperately want a baby, we also want to enjoy the time before if you know what I mean!

glitzyglamgirl said:
but the truth is while we desperately want a baby, we also want to enjoy the time before if you know what I mean!

Absolutely!! and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

You've all really cheered me up!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back