• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice and sympathy needed

mayday

Reaction score
I am having what you might call 'one of those days.' Everytime I think it can't get any worse it just does.

I went out this morning to check my horse, and he had pulled a show off. So I rang the farrier and he said he would be there this afternoon. Just as he pulled up my baby informed me she had pooed - really pooed! I tried to extract her from her clothes, but she was squirming so much I got covered in poo, she got covered in poo, the floor got covered in poo. I pulled her clothes off, ran upstairs and held her in the bath under the shower attachment and hosed her down. Finally, clean and dressed I got outside with her in the pram, and held the horses for the farrier.

On returning to the house the stench which hit me reminded me we had underfloor heating which makes all smelly things on the floor smell worse. I put baby on the sofa, picked up all the items of pooey clothing and ran with them to the kitchen sink. I left baby on the sofa as the kitchen sink is only feet away, and her playmat was on the floor looking like some sort of poo-fest had happened on it. I had had my back to her for seconds, and she catapulted herself head first onto the floor :cry: I am mortified about this. She had about 20 seconds of really good quality full on screaming and then had a little breastfeed. After that she wanted to play, and now, 20 minutes later, is laid on the floor playing still. She has a red mark on her forehead, but I didn't see how she fell, so don't know how she hit the floor. I have tried to ring OH but his answerphone is on, and I don't really know whether I would be overreacting to take her to A&E. She is playing and smiling at the moment, and trying to chomp on a teether.

I had filled the kettle and put it on when I got in from the horses, and by know thought I really need a cup of tea. I went into the kitchen only to find that the cut-out on the kettle had broken, it had boiled dry and then gone caput. I have been saying to OH for a while that we could do with a new kettle, but he prefers to wait for things to break completely than to buy things when they look like they are on their last legs.

So my horse has cost me money, my house is covered in s**t, my baby has bumped her head, and I can't even have a cup of tea after all that :(

You have my sympathy :hug:

What a crappy day :hug:

Aww bless you!! I'd be a blubbering heap. The kettle would have done me in :lol:

Your LO sound's ok, but you know, keep an eye out!!

Have a :hug: and like Midna says...find a saucepan hoe!! :rotfl: Well she didn't say hoe exactly. She must like you................. :think:

:hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
aww what a rotten day u had! i think if ur baby is happy now then not to worry. melissa fell off the bed awhile ago, she cried but more out of shock really. we wiggled all her limbs and later on i applied pressure all over her face with my thumbs to check for sore bits, but she didnt wince. if ur baby is fine in herself, smiling at u, focusing her eyes properly, doesnt seem overly sleepy or whatever theres no need for a&e. but if itll make u feel better then get her checked out, maybe get an app at the docs first thing. :hug:

Aw hun, that sounds like a really sh*t day!

That sounds like the kind of day I'm always having (although slightly different since I don't have horses)! I seem to have terrible luck - today I went to the petrol station (pay @ pump) on 3 seperate ocassions (all in a rush) and each time it wouldn't take my card (kept saying sale cancelled) and I now have no petrol. I've told DD to 'STOP CRYING' before, before realising I haven't changed her nappy in HOURS and the poor thing is dirty or sodden (I know, bad Mummy), I always start cooking then realise I don't have a key ingredient (as in chicken or soup with no veg etc) - I'm just a disaster area and have learnt to live with myself. On the outside I appear organised, but I'm really a total scatter brain that puts on a good front!

I'm sure your LO will be fine, just follow the advice above and check on her a couple of times tonight overnight. Let us know how she is tomorrow.

:hug: to Mummy

Valentine Xxx

Ouch,poor baby :( and I totally symapthise with the horse,my mare pulled a shoe off once and managed to pull half her hoof off too...I couldn't ride for ages :( luckily i had a brilliant farrier though.I'm sure baby will be fine,my OH's dad dropped a branch on his little sister once,and she's ok :lol: babys bounce :) :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone, she's fine now, but really milked the sympathy vote last night :roll: . She managed to half roll over in her cot then get her leg stuck out of the bars. She got herself so upset she spent the rest of the night in with OH and I. Honestly - I am going to be in so much trouble when she can crawl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back