Acupuncture?

nutcase109

Reaction score
Yesterday i tried acupuncture to try and kickstart the labour! She only gave me a 'very mild' treatment though, and nothing has happenned. :-( She wants me to go back later this morning for a second treatment but Im unsure whether to spend the money - its quite expensive (£30). Has anyone heard anything good / bad / indifferent about this method? x

I dont know anyone who has tried it to bring on labour, but know several people who have had it to help with other stuff and its worked. My OH had it to stop smoking and worked really well, never looked back. My dad has also had it for tendonitis and it took the pain and swelling down after only a couple of treatments. Personally I think there is a lot to be said for it, so would defo give it a go if I had the money. It probably will take 2 or 3 treatments to work though, Im pretty sure one alone wont do anything.

It is like most things and does work for lots of people but there are also the ones it doesnt work for, however saying that it may be that it will work after another session and you do have to be open minded about it.
Its something i would definately use and in fact if i go over due i will do but i will be the guinea pig for my husbands college if i can. :D

I heard it's supposed to help with sleep and to bring on labour but not sure how it works?! :think:

Hope your LO starts threatening to make an appearance soon! :pray: x

Sorry dont know, but on a selfish level I want you to have it so that you can review it to us later!! :wink: :wink:

Haha!!! If it were free I wouldve loved to review it for ya Aramintal!!! :D Ended up not going, saved the money. Still no sign of little one though :roll: xx

nutcase109 said:
Haha!!! If it were free I wouldve loved to review it for ya Aramintal!!! :D Ended up not going, saved the money. Still no sign of little one though :roll: xx
:wink: :D worth a try!! Im sure your LO will come soon.

acupuncture is good for turning baby if its breech as well! reflexology apparantely works as well

I heard reflexology is good too- get someone to rub your feet!

'...working deeply on the tissues on the top of the recipients foot by moving your fingers up and down the spaces between the bones and massaging deeply.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back