• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Acupuncture and morning sickness

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

well as some of you know I've been having acupuncture since my second loss in January and it's been really effective in making me feel more positive, has amazingly cured my piles :oops: and generally has helped me feel better in myself. Well yesterday I went to see him and told him that I was pg and that I had constant motion sickness type morning sickness and he said he could fix it and believe it or not I've just had the first 24 hours in nearly 5 weeks when I haven't felt sick! OMG! Can't really believe it! I've actually wanted to eat!

Just thought I'd recommend it as worth a go to those of you who are suffering!
+++

Wow! That sounds great. May have to give it a go. Am now 7+3 and the morning sickness is now all day sickness.
You must be chuffed :lol:

Yes I am deliriously happy frankly! Just keep expecting to feel sick and really don't! I'm hoping it will last but that's probably just me being negative. I went into the appointment feeling :puke: and walked out feeling :D ! Incredible! My OH is very down on stuff like that and said it was probably coincidence but I don't think so- also if he can stop my other embarrassing problem which really can't be psychosomatic then I think there must be a lot to it.

+++

That's great news it works. I popped into my local chinese clinic last week to enquire about it, but am just waiting for my morning sickness to get worse before i give it a try. At the moment i'm using my m/s as the barometer of how the pregnancy is going, so am happy to put up with it. But then i'm only really feeling sick all night and for a few times during the day. Am waiting for it to kick in big style....then out come the needles!!

Sounds good! My friend who is suffering badly from morning sickness has got a couple of wrist bands which are helping no end (they have a little pressure point which pushes into the wrist)

Claire x

Ive had accupuncture for morning sickness and it worked for me too, this time i did just go for the wrist bands but im pretty sure they eased it although didnt work as well as the real thing.

nori said:
Sounds good! My friend who is suffering badly from morning sickness has got a couple of wrist bands which are helping no end (they have a little pressure point which pushes into the wrist)

Claire x

I'm using those and they really do seem to help! Well I certainly feel a lot worse when I'm not wearing them.

Rosebay said:
well as some of you know I've been having acupuncture since my second loss in January and it's been really effective in making me feel more positive, has amazingly cured my piles :oops: and generally has helped me feel better in myself. Well yesterday I went to see him and told him that I was pg and that I had constant motion sickness type morning sickness and he said he could fix it and believe it or not I've just had the first 24 hours in nearly 5 weeks when I haven't felt sick! OMG! Can't really believe it! I've actually wanted to eat!

This sounds great, I am feeling so sick all the time, just like with Evie (I'd forgotten how s**t I felt with her). I can't do a thing, and I feel so bad cause Evie is having rubbish to eat, preparing food for her makes me want to :puke:

Just a couple of questions, where do they place the needles and how often do you need to go for it to be effective. I'm meant to be going to Portugal with my mum and sisters next week and at the moment its the last thing I want to do (I've been looking forward to it for 10months since we booked it :cry: ) If I could squeeze in a session or two before I go, that may help?

Hi,

well I've been seeing this guy since January but only told him about being pregnant this session so he treated it then and there and it was fine. I'm not totally sure if this is generally what happens. For my general state of health I've been seeing him about once a month but he would have signed me off after three sessions if I hadn't then got ill in the middle etc etc but having said that my piles cleared up after my first ever session with him so I think that certain things probably only need one go. The first session makes you feel very tired and you have to rest afterwards- that happened to my parents as well. He asked me lots of questions about my body first to get a general picture of what my body make up was to make the acupuncture more affective. I think that this body type then has something to do where the needles go but I'm not sure. For the morning sickness I had two and they were about 2" apart half way between the bottom of my bra and my tummy button. They genuinely didn't hurt there. I usually have them in my legs and on my feet (funnily enough it's the feet ones I feel- not even the one I sometimes get on the top of my head!) but having said that they don't really hurt like you'd imagine, a very small sting is the worst I've felt, mostly it just feels like someone flicking you with their thumb nail. You then lie there (he chats for Britain!) for about half an hour and then you're done.

Since you've not got much time why don't you phone a couple and see how much they charge and how many sessions they reckon will help? My guy is in the midlands- Pershore, near Worcester but if you try here then there's a form for finding someone who is a member of the acupuncture Council:-
http://www.acupuncture.org.uk/content/P ... chform.asp

Hope you find someone and it works for you too
:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

It didn't work :cry:

I had a session on Wed and ended up having quite a bad reaction - I was physically sick 4 times in 24hours and took to my bed with the constant nausea. Had to call OH back from a work trip to look after Evie. Spoke to my accupuncturist (who is lovely) and she said she'd never had someone have such a reaction when treating morning sickness before :( . I went back to see her Fri for a follow up session cause of my reaction and she did a bit more treatment. The vomiting has stopped but still have the nausea :( . I so wanted it to work :(

To top it all off had to cancel my holiday. As I sit here my Mum, two sisters and 3 nieces/ nephews are sitting sunning themselves in a villa in the Algarve :cry: :cry:

(but I am pregnant :cheer: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back