• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

About babies' gender...

berit87

Reaction score
Has anyone had a scan and been told by a sonographer that you'd be having a boy or a girl and they got it wrong? Just curious :)

Iv heard of this on a few ocasions and i think most of the time they get it wrong is by saying its a girl but it being a boy but his willy not showing visably. Im getting worried about it this time lol iv brought loads of boys stuff and what happens if its a girl :O lol x

Last edited:
Haha! Weird, I have such a weird feeling it's not a boy, I don't know why! Probably because I have done all the old wives tales and tests and chinese charts and everything indicates it's a girl. Also when we went for a scan the sonographer said he had his legs completely crossed but it's a boy... Oh I don't know, I'm sure she knew what she was talking about :)
We have bought lots of really colourful stuff, more like non gender specific as we are both quite against "girls only have pinks and boys only have blues" opinion :lol: x

Awww, im double checking mine at a 4D scan. Iv gone all boy clothes but with bedding etc iv gone for neutral stuff. :) she prob was right but they usually have like 95% accurate when telling the sex. :) x

A friends first baby was a boy, so when they where told the second baby was a girl they went out and brought a new things for a baby girl, to find out when the baby was born that it was a boy. OOPPPSSS.

I am trying to find somewhere in Brighton at a decent price... Maybe get a 4D as well :) x

Oh dear! A bit of a nightmare! It's just that my sonographer told me he had his legs crossed the whole time and was lying with his back against my tummy so she couldn't see everything, she even sent me for a 15 minute walk to get the baby moving and when I got back (after having a chocolate and Lucozade - high sugar to get him moving) he was still asleep and not bothering to cooperate, lol. So when I asked her again about the sex the second time I got back she just sighed and said yes it's still a boy, I can't change that. Was just weird.

Yea, good luck :) Iv got my 4d one in 3weeks and im well excited dunno what ill do if they say its a girl lol my OH would have a heart attack seems that i still walk into shops and say "oooh look at them cute little dresses and shoes" lol x

I still do it all the time! Obviously it doesn't matter, I am happy as long as the baby is healthy, I just feel so different! Well, good luck hun! :) x

Ive had 2 friends have this done to them, the 1st friend it was her 1st baby and she got told it was a girl, went out and got everything pink, had a scan at 34 weeks due to baby not moving the amount it should and got told it was a boy, she is lucky that she had the scan and got told so she could go and change everything.

The 2nd friend, it was her 4th baby, she got told it was a girl and she had a few more scans than normal due to problems and found out it was a boy, she hadn't gone out and got pink stuff and didn't buy blue after they got told it was a boy just incase they got it wrong again, she did give birth to a boy though!

That is crazy! I guess they can never be sure... But it looks like more girls have turned out to boys than other way round!

My aunties friend was told she was having a boy and gave birth to a girl turns out his legs were crossed and t was just the cord they were looking at and a friend of a friend got told they were having a boy and gave birth to a girl and that was the cord too haha!

Well my OH said he saw something in between the legs that was too big to be a cord :S Umm, sure at 20 weeks the cord would be bigger than the "willy". Surely a willy couldn't be SO big as he said, lol. Just got doubts.

I usually hear about 'a friend of a friend' but never from the person themself iykwim x we're going to double check with a 4D scan x x

My Step-dad's Mum was told she was having a girl (back in the day when ultrasounds didn't exist) because of how she was carrying him - she bought EVERYTHING in pink!

When he was born she was absolutely gutted! He was in pink clothes for the first 6 months of his life and she refused to have anything to do with him, lol!

We haven't found out for the surprise although i'm routing for a girl to break my OH's family's trend of boys! lol x

all mine have been right but you still double check when the baby is born haha, best scans to get are 4d or actual private sexing scans as they spend ages and are alot more detailed scans with the legs crossed i wouldnt be so sure

Yup my friend was told at 20 weeks it was a wee girl. She had had a baby shower and gotten loads of gifts already. She went to an antenatal class and everyone was commenting on how small her bump was for 35 weeks so mw etc agreed to do a growth scan, she was told her baby BOY was fine and healthy albeit breech!! He arrived 2 weeks ago and is gorgeous!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back