a quick q about boobie feeding?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
as most of you guys know ive been having a bit of trouble with my supply..i think its back up again. hes feeding on n off (pretty fussy) i would say he has fed for about 15 mins altogether.. is that for long enough coz he is shouting at me when he goes near my boob and arching his back.. as if he doesnt want it..my bf support mw told me to keep him on there as much as i can to keep my supply. but if he doesnt want it i cant force him.. thing is.. he was pretty content before and wasnt gaining weight.. so im pretty confuzzled..

ds regularly went through phases where he would only go on the boob for 5 minutes, off for 10, on for 2, off for 20, on for 6... you get the picture! He was a pain in the boob to feed. As long as you keep offering it to him regularly he'll let you know when he wants it. Don't try to force him on if he's not interested because it'll make both of you stressed.

If you still feel full & he's not interested try expressing to stimulate more milk supply.

Good luck, you've done SO well so far :hug:

Last edited:
i read that they get 90% of their milk in the first 10 minutes of a feed - the rest of the time they spend latched on has a lot to do with comfort.

did you try the fenugreek? i found it made a huge difference for me, tho the capsules taste minging! :puke:

:hug: :hug:

yeah.. tbh they didnt make a massive diff this time.. but i knwo my supplys increased a bit.. so im giving him 2 bottles a daya nd the rest bf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back