• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Pregnancy Rant....

pilkers

Reaction score
Found this on the web...made me laugh!

Although it's nice to get compliments when you're pregnant, it's degrading and embarrassing when building workmen on a busy high street start shouting things like "Oi Sexy, give us a smile!" or "Come on beautiful, make my day!" - I wouldn't mind if they were good looking but they were all over 50 and fat with no hair!

When you’re pregnant, you’re whole world changes and suddenly things don’t seem as easy as they used to be. Here are a few ideas of things that could be done to help make life easier for us.

FASHION - Our fashion designers lack imagination when it comes to pregnancy fashion. The clothes I have found have been really old fashioned and frumpy. I feel with the right clothes and shoes you can look and feel very sexy instead of fat!

SHOPPING - When you're pregnant it is not advisable to lift heavy stuff. In one incident a Security Guard asked if I needed help. I accepted and he then just stuck the item in my basket. Not very helpful really! So my advice to people who work in shops, if you offer us assistance please try to make an effort, otherwise don’t bother.

QUEUING - I feel that pregnant women should have special privileges when it comes to queues. Standing on your feet all day isn’t fun at the best of times, but its much more uncomfortable when you are pregnant – trust me on that one! Here’s how I think things should be when you are pregnant:

No queuing for anything
Car parking spaces near the shops like the disabled, so we don't need to walk far with our shopping
Comfortable seating in restaurants & theatres
Have alcohol free beer in pubs; this should be more widely available anyway.
Special menus in restaurants for us, which are more healthy and interesting (with all the stuff we can not have taken out!). Vegetarians are catered for, so why not cater for pregnant women?

CAR SIGNS - You've seen the 'Baby on Board' signs, well I think for pregnant women there should be a sign saying 'Pregnant Woman on Board' so that other drivers are more patient and careful. And by the way - no jokes about just having a 'wide load' sign instead!

Here Here!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

pilkers said:
FASHION - Our fashion designers lack imagination when it comes to pregnancy fashion. The clothes I have found have been really old fashioned and frumpy. I feel with the right clothes and shoes you can look and feel very sexy instead of fat!

Please can someone tell me why most maternity clothes are always pink and frilly and sweet... with little teddy bears and stuff on them... And white bras... I haven't owned a white bra since I started puberty and my mum brought them for me.... All this clothing, stating our innocence... thing is we weren't that bloody innocent to get ourselves into that state in the first place were we? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have seem "pregnant woman on board" signs! On the other side it said baby on board x

i have a "bump on board" sign in my car!

I definitely agree about the 'queueing' thing. I just can't do it anymore, my back caves in! So I wait in the car whilst DH goes in with a list. (You have to give them a list you know, or they dont have a clue!) :roll:

As for drivers.. pfffft well they wouldn't care if you were the queen of england, they'd still be crap drivers wouldnt they!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back