A Man's Best Friend?

How could you resist one of these...........

Coldhamdogshow001.jpg

Except mine dont poop everywhere :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yours wins on cuteness factor though!!

:lol: Yours definitely wins for obedience, my Scampi pretends to be deaf :lol: but she gives the best cuddles and kisses :D :D :D

Obediant? you are joking right? :rotfl: :rotfl:

She knows 'go to bed, dinner, and get your puppy ass back herte now!' :lol: :lol:

mrs_tommo22 said:
First of all - hey sherry i ve not spoke to you for a while how are you and that gorgeous boy of yours?

I got a rescue ex racing Greyhound a few months ago and she is the most wonderful loving dog i could of hoped for. She is house trained, dont need a huge amount of excercise and isnt all time consuming as greyhound are notorios for being the laziest dogs about - they will sleep allday of you let them and only need about 40 mins a day of excercise - short bursts of sprinting and they are knackered!

She is fantastic with my children and in return trusted and treated like a family member, shes a princess and snuggle will also tell you how taken her hubby was with Mia!

She is by far the best breed i have ever owned and im so taken i am looking for another one.

I'm doing ok :) That gorgeous boy tops the scales at 19lb plus at 5 months old :shock: :lol: A big bouncy boy for sure. Keeps me on my toes. Hope you are well there. I'm so crap at keeping up with people atm, even on FB. My RSs feed for there stuffed up so I can't just get them on my feedreader. Have to log in to FB which kills my browser so I try to avoid it if possible. I want a Mac :|

Glad to hear you are enjoying having your Greyhound :) They do make great pets and are so soft natured with people. If we had more room in the house I'd have a large lurcher or greyhound along with the whippet. I prefer that sort of breed to most others these days.

I'd like another dog also but realise and accept that if we want another baby sometime soon then its not a wise move just now. I can cope with Galen and Eric but another dog would be too much with another baby. A few years wait it'll have to be.

OMG mrs_tommo and Sherlock...your dogs are stunning! Sherlock, i love it when they get all alert and meerkat like!!

Thanks! :) Im not actually getting a dog right now though, i was thinking more in the future (3 yrs-ish). Iv always had dogs but Luke hasnt had the oppertunity yet & i think it would be a lovely addition to complete the family eventually. Id love my children to grow up with a loving loyal pet. Luke wanted a German Sheppard though, which is actually my fav breed!.. but like i said, im sooooo much more wary of dogs now than i was. Your replies have helped... There's so many more breed's of dog than i could have thought of! :eek:

German Shepards are one of the breeds that have suffered the most with line breeding etc. Their hips are altered beyond all recognition for a dog now :( As lovely as they can be, because of this and other breeding problems I'd not have one. So many develop serious hip/joint problems as they get older. It really impacts on their quality of life and yours.

My parents keep GS, the last 2 have both had their lives cut short becuse of hip problems. They don't plan on getting any more GSD when their present one goes. They have had nothing but vets bills and problems with the dogs as they have gotten older. And not a sign when they were younger things would be so bad.

And if Luke has never kept a dog I'd be wary of getting such a breed as a first dog for him and the children. They take a lot of time and effort as I am sure you know.

I'd go for something smaller, more manageable and with less heriditary problems in such areas as hips etc. There are some good breeds out there.

Or get a lovely cross breed (of something you know what it is a cross, ie not something crossed with a Rotty,GSD or terrier etc) from a rescue centre or as a young dog :)

I have to say my two best dogs have both been cross breeds and wonderful natured. I always felt better about giving them a home from the rescue centre than I did buying a pedigree. In that instance a small Lurchur type would be great. I'd have gotten a rescue over Eric truthfully, but none of the local rescue centres would let us take on a dog as I was 34 weeks PG at the time and they won't rehome to anywhere with kids under 5. Hence we went out and got him. But we got an older dog not one of the puppies. Worked really well for us, but it has been hard work with baby and dog on occasion.

We had a few crossbreeds while I was growing up and I agree they were the best natured dogs we had. Scampi is a crossbreed (Boxer and Bulldog) so we get the best of both worlds because she has the quick learning of a Boxer and laziness of a Bulldog :wink:

theo201.jpg

how about this little x breed who has just come into our resue :wink:

we have a rottie/alsation cross- not for the fainthearted but she's absolutley adorable and the biggest softy you could ever meet :D

Here she is chilling 8)

kairamacy053.jpg

and here she is the week we got her

2005-06-02125.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member