A few Questions

hellie123

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am just over 32 weeks pregnant, at my last MW app she was measuring me two weeks ahead. She said that she will see me again in 3 weeks and if I am still 2 weeks ahead she will look into how much sugar I am having, I wasn't sure why this was related? Any ideas?

Also, two people today have said that my bump looks liked it has dropped, why does this happen?

Thanks x

I dont think that the measurements are very accurate. I was measuring 2 weeks ahead quiet early on but midwife said that 2 weeks either side is fine obviously if u are measuring 4 weeks plus over then they should look in2 it. She will b checking for how much sugar due to the possibility of gestational diabetes as this can cause babies 2b larger.
:hug: :hug:

Hey, don't have any advice about the baby measuring ahead. For people saying that your bump has dropped, I got these comments a lot when the baby went head down, it looked much lower. That happened to me at about the same stage your at. It can also mean that the baby's head has engaged, this is when it starts to drop into your pelvis to get ready for the birth. Your MW will prob check it at your next appointment. If its your 1st then the baby can engage a bit earlier. Mine was engaged at my last appt & I've noticed that my heartburn isn't as bad & I need to pee more, thats how I knew he had dropped.

Tbh tho, people are always so quick to comment on bumps and quite often they're talking rubbish! You will know better than anyone if you feel the baby is lower. I know people are always telling me how big I am, that my dates must be wrong, the baby will be early because its so low & its been complete rubbish so far.

xx

emman24 said:
Hey, don't have any advice about the baby measuring ahead. For people saying that your bump has dropped, I got these comments a lot when the baby went head down, it looked much lower. That happened to me at about the same stage your at. It can also mean that the baby's head has engaged, this is when it starts to drop into your pelvis to get ready for the birth. Your MW will prob check it at your next appointment. If its your 1st then the baby can engage a bit earlier. Mine was engaged at my last appt & I've noticed that my heartburn isn't as bad & I need to pee more, thats how I knew he had dropped.

Tbh tho, people are always so quick to comment on bumps and quite often they're talking rubbish! You will know better than anyone if you feel the baby is lower. I know people are always telling me how big I am, that my dates must be wrong, the baby will be early because its so low & its been complete rubbish so far.

xx

Thank you for that, yes you are right, people do tend to make comments, I don't think its any different, I have carried low all the way along!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back