• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

8 week check/ needles made him cranky :(

lyndsey_28

Reaction score
Positiives
my Little man went for his 8 week check yesterday and all was well :) we now weigh a lovely 12lb and are 59cm long!!

went into to see doc which is normal practice for 8 weekers and he had to double check his age with me as he couldnt believe is he was 8 weeks old as he has reached his milestones and beyond doctor said he is very forward for his age and has amazing head control :yay:Alfie xx
Negatives
well he had his needles and screamed his little head off which made me very sad, but he continued to cry all day and was very miserable, hardly drinking his milk which is very unusual, really hot and sweaty and a had temp! he finally went down to bed at 9am on 1oz of milk, but my monitor kept alarming over and over again, which scared the life out of me but every time i got up it went off and he was fine, he finally woke at 1.20 am and was drenched in sweat and breathing quite fast, stripped him off completely to nappy fed him 1oz aggain put him down and tha seemed to do the trick and the monitor was fine then

so all in all a bad nite :( and to top it off still no results on the lactose intolernce after a week of waiting!! hospital are really taking the piss xx

1st off try after his injections giving him a dose of calpol, nurses/hv etc say its best to do it then to stop the fever coming on rather than waiting, thankfully my two never suffered but i know some babies to feel so crappy afterwards.

2nd with the lactose i never went to hospital, by 3 weeks my soon had never had a solid nappy it was always like water and he screamed loads, a paramedic suggested it could be lactose and try him on soya milk, so i spoke to my gp and he said to try him on a soya milk and see if he settles as it is really hard to test lactose intol in babies, and if his bowel movements settle and he settles to stick with it.

i tried it and in less than a week he was having normal bowel movents, ive been advised by my doc to keep him on soya till he is 1 then slowly try and wean him off but note if anything changes

hope this helps

hey hun i never expected his jabs to cause a problem tbh a it never bothered my others but the calpol did come out and worked wonders and we seem to be back to normal now :)

as for the lactose the doctor doesnt like babies to go on soya milk til 6 months and over and wants to put him on prescription formula if he has this problem, but when i go next week if tthe results still arent back im going to demaand they change it regardless just to try as we cant keep going on like this as its not fair on my little man

thanks for your comments though xxx

Hey honey

Congrats to you and Alfie for the weight gain :) and the head control...

Ultimately you need to do what is right for Alfie, if starting him early on soya or prescription milk then that's what you need to do..

I suppose the good thing with R being stabbed so much last week is he won't mind the needles so much at his jabs, and I won't be so freaked out.......ok so I will be I lied lol.

Xxxx

Hey honey

Congrats to you and Alfie for the weight gain :) and the head control...

Ultimately you need to do what is right for Alfie, if starting him early on soya or prescription milk then that's what you need to do..

I suppose the good thing with R being stabbed so much last week is he won't mind the needles so much at his jabs, and I won't be so freaked out.......ok so I will be I lied lol.

Xxxx

thanx hun

he is doing really well with his weight but he is a greedy little man, and head control is great doc said he is really forward for 8 weeks :)

i was gonna say it will still upset you all those needles, but you can try your hardest to put a brave face on lol, and yea i cant wait to sort hi milk problem out then he will be a lot more settled fx

its nice to know riven is on the mend, and he soon will start piling the weight on :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back