• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

8 month check up

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
Harrison had his 8 month check up (at 9 months :roll: ) on Thursday and he now
Weighs: 21lb 5oz
Length: 75cm
Head circ.: 45cm

compared to the day he was born

Weight: 7lb 10oz
Length: 51cm
Head circ.: 34cm

He's growing so quick now :( I miss my lil bubby.
He can crawl really fast now, can say dada and nana (still no mama :( ) he has two teeth, can pull himself up to standing with furniture and then stand away from it on his own for about 5 secs before he falls down, he walks around the furniture. Im just so proud of him, I wish I was a great Mum to him though, I still find it hard to bond with him and spend alot of my nights on my laptop which I know only makes things worse but I dont know what else to do and now he follows his daddy and wants his daddy all the time and not me :(

I love him so much it makes my heart ache :cry:
Sorry getting emotional now

Hun you are a great mum :hug: :hug: :hug:

Whenever i see pic's of Harrison he looks soo happy

I spend my nights on here too and as long as he's asleep there's nothin wrong with that :)

About the bonding... have you tried doin stuff one on one like swimming or mayb Gymboree

If your unhappy i would speak to your Gp or Hv

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Also about him only sayin dada and nana....

Keeley spends all her time with me but she still always says dada i think Mama is harder for them to say :?

Keeley rarely says mum...only when she's moanin in her cot lol :lol:

^ I agree.Seren was always saying dada, never mama. Its only recently that she says mommy all the time, and it drives me mad now lol.

Have you spoken to anyone about how you are feeling. This could (only could) be PND perhaps and there is support out there. But you need to talk to your HV or midwife about it. Don't be embarressed, or feel guilty, this is normal (I went through it too) and no-one will judge you for this. xx

Aw hun, dont be daft, you're a great mummy to your little man, anyone on here can see plainly how much you love him.

But you should defo speak to your HV about how your feeling, Beanie could be right and it may be PND, so please speak to someone about hun :hug:

Thank you for your replies.
Harry is such a happy baby but when he's miserable he's really miserable haha. Yeah I've heard that babies find it harder to say Mama too, Im not too fussed about it to be honest, just can't wait till he can but i'll probs regret saying that when he says it every 5 mins haha. I have spoken to my HV and Doctors about how I'm feeling, HV says I don't have PND but I am a bit down at the moment, I think it's due to my illness, anxiety and other personal issues between me and OH. My Doctor won't give me anti d's because I'm so young and to be honest I don't want them, I'm tyring to do it the non medical way and have councilling etc.. instead. Dont get me wrong I love him to pieces but sometimes don't feel I don't try enough with him, I don't play with him, kinda just leave him to it whilst I get on with things :( I'm going to try harder from now on though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back