4D SCAN questions..

kadesmummy

Reaction score
I'm really considering getting a 4D scan.. i thought we couldn't afford it so put the idea completly out of my mind, but looking at the scan pictures and stuff has made me want one so bad!.

For anyone that has had one, are they worth the money? £190 seems alot of money to spend on some pictures and a DVD, and i'd feel guilty spending it, but on the other hand, it's a once in a life time experience and gives you a sneak peak at the little one before d-day haha.

What package did you choose? and did the service live up to your expectations?
Anyone attend one in Scotland? the closest one to me would be Glasgow.

.. what company did you use? only ones i can find that look half decent are
Babybond & babyscanning.co.uk

xx

Ive just got back from my 4d scan this afternoon and can say it was worth every penny

we went with babybond £195 it cost but got so manys pics + the experience to see our baby boy before the day has been amazing.

If you can afford it i would reccommend it.

I loved mine, worth every penny imo.

Mine was £180 and a got a DVD, 30 pics on CD and 8 pics printed out and she give me and extra 10 printed pics for free :D

If you can afford it then I'd say definately go for it :D

hiya, we used babybond, glasgow, they were great!! :D

we first went at 24 weeks for a gender scan and they gave us a glimpse of 4d but he was still too tiny.. then we were given an appointment for 4 weeks later to come back and have the 2nd part (the 4d part) and it was amazing, in just 4 weeks he had came along SOOO much :)

23022008054.jpg

the first one - gender scan

aiden2.gif

4d scan

aiden3.gif

4d again :)

think it cost £145 all in, and worth every penny! will do it again with next baby defo :)

The company I went with are local to Norfolk/Suffolk. We paid £95 for 15min dvd and 2 photos. It was amazing, worth every penny. And they've reduced their prices to £75 at certain places and dates! So it was a bargain!

xxx

I went to windowtothewomb.co.uk in Nottingham. Probably not as 'professional' as the likes of Babybond but I got a 20 minute dvd, 75 pictures on CD, 6 photo sized pictures and 1 a4 picture for £80. Which I just saw as cheaper than a months council tax so why not :) we would most certainly be doing it again if we have another baby.

MICHELLE_25.jpg

MICHELLE_21.jpg

MICHELLE_59.jpg

mine seems so cheap compared to what some of you have paid mine was only £90 8 pics an the dvd i paid an extra £10 for keyrings though (2 of them)

mine wasnt worth it at all , he didnt behave s got rubbish pictures and was so upset id spent all the money i was trully gutted .

Were having ours on sunday with a company called 4D Baby Images but there in Essex. Its costing us £195 but if baby doesnt co-operate they do a re-scan on another day for free. Im so excited!!

Hi there,

We had one in Belfast with our second daughter who's 5 now. I went on the recommendation of a work colleague at the time but I have to say we were a little disappointed. We saw very little and because the umbilical cord was in the way they couldn't tell what sex she was. However, because it was so disappointing we were told to come back a week later and the seccond time around was a lot better! Although the image still wasn't very clear we got a fairly good look at our daughter.

It was very expensive (around £250) for what we got which was a very short movie (about 3 minutes), 2 small 3D images, 3 2D images and some info about her size. Because of the expense and moreso because of how unclear the images were we chose not to have it done again when we were expecting our third child.

If you're really keen just be aware that you don't always get great results and ask at the clinic when the best time is to have the scan. Our daughter was asleep first time we went so wasn't moving a lot and I was told to drink a cup of coffee before coming back for another try!! (And to think I'd been avoiding caffeine up until then!!!)

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. I've never regretted it but just felt I didn't really see as much as I'd thought I would. However, maybe in the five years since the results have improved but you're doing the right thing asking :)

Sinead x

I went to the babyscanning.co.uk in Glasgow. I stupidly made the mistake of having Burger King meal before it. Halfway through the scan they gave me a glass of coke to get Aimee to move a bit more for the DVD, I downed it in one swig as I was desperate to get back to the scan as I was loving it, that was mistake number 2 as within 5 minutes I brought everything back up! :oops: I was mortified. They were very nice and said I could come back in 3 weeks for another scan. I was 26 weeks at the first scan and 29 weeks at the second one. Sadly Aimee refused to move the second time. We only got 4 photos in total and 2 dvd's that totalled 11 minutes however they gave us a £90 refund so we only paid £100 for it. We were happy with what we got!

aimee-4d-jpg.jpg

aimee.jpg

I think she looked a lot like she did at the 4D scan. I reccomend it, it is a special thing to keep and look back on after bubs is born! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarniReid
Back