38 weeks today

racheldee

Reaction score
and if i'm honest i'm pooing myself at the thought that babybum could arrive any day now :shock:
i'm so excited but so nervous too as even though i've been going to antenatal classes i'm scared i'm going to miss the early signs of going into labour and that!:roll:
but i have pretty much everything ready to rock and roll, just waiting on a lady from ebay to post my crib mattress as i paid for it ages ago but she failed to tell me she was on holiday and couldn't post it sooner!
:lol:

:dance: Almost there chick, how exciting. Congratulations for getting to 38 weeks, are you seeing MW more regularly now as your due date approaches? I'm really excited for you and am officially now on birth watch for you, i will be checking on here daily for update lol. Any niggles yet? I'm not surprised your a bit worried, I am too, but fingers crossed that all goes smoothly and as comfortably for you as possible, can't wait to see a picture of your little girl xx

Oh how exciting!!! I don't think you'll miss signs of early labour, I'll be constantly on the watch out from about 37 weeks :) And if you do, then maybe it's a bonus cause some of the early stuff doesn't sound like much fun :) Good luck, and rest up!

:dance: Almost there chick, how exciting. Congratulations for getting to 38 weeks, are you seeing MW more regularly now as your due date approaches? I'm really excited for you and am officially now on birth watch for you, i will be checking on here daily for update lol. Any niggles yet? I'm not surprised your a bit worried, I am too, but fingers crossed that all goes smoothly and as comfortably for you as possible, can't wait to see a picture of your little girl xx

awww thank you :D
yeah i'm seeing her/him every two weeks now, i have an appointment on thursday!!
ahahah, i will be sure to update you all if i get any niggles or anything hehe
i haven't had any definite niggles yet, she still squirming around like anything and jabbing me with her footsies and elbows!
i'm hoping i'll have a really straight forward birth as i feel totally awesome still, just getting tired quicker but i suppose carrying a big baby around all the time it's expected haha!
ohhh i can't wait to take loads hahah, i will be bombarding this forum with photos of her haha! :rofl:

Oh how exciting!!! I don't think you'll miss signs of early labour, I'll be constantly on the watch out from about 37 weeks :) And if you do, then maybe it's a bonus cause some of the early stuff doesn't sound like much fun :) Good luck, and rest up!

hahah i've been on watch too and my antenatal classes have really eased all my worries i've had :D
i'm trying to rest as much as i can but i still have the nesting bug and i just wanna clean everything til it sparkles hahaha! :lol:

Feel free to come round and clean my house when you're done at yours :)

gimme a bottle of flash and a sponge and i'll be on my way!
:rofl:

awww wow so far gone now. time has one so quickly. good luck, you wont need it though.

ps.your bump is mighty huge yet v neat now!

awww thnak you hope!
hahah, i feel like a human beach ball, my bump is so frontal apparently you can't tell that i'm pregnant from behind and that my bump comes first through the door and that i follow shortly after!! :rofl:

ahh your bump is fab!! Dont worry about missing early labour, its not like panic stations when it starts anyway. I blame hollywood for making us think as soon as you feel a twinge you have to race to the car (in a comical way) and get to the hospital ASAP. I reckon we're better off staying at home and trying to have a rest while in early few hours anyway. It'll be the last time we can lie down without a baby demanding your attention for a long time!!!

oh yes, the media portrays going into labour and giving birth such a fiasco when it really isn't!

I know, I used to think your waters broke (usually whilst in a restaurant) and then you immediately have major contractions and ready to push within half an hour. I suppose the first part of labour is so uneventful it would make for a very boring film! I skip to the end bits of youtube birthing videos!!! :rofl:

haahahah, oh i can't bare to look at any birthing videos or anything !!

oh same here rachel, my mum was telling me to watch one born every minute - i refused! i know i would just get myself in a panic!!

anyway just wanted to say congrats on getting to week 38, only 2 more to go! (or 4 more if she's a late'un!) when it's your first pregnancy you really have no idea when bubs will come so it's just playing that 'waiting game', i have found i keep thinking too much so i'm gonna try more naps in the day in these final weeks and just drawing and stuff. i have been spending too much time on here as of late, it's not good!

i hope your crib mattress comes soon. i have started to hate ebay recently, a top rated seller/shop is proper messing me arounf at the minute with a phone i bought from them :mad:

xxxxxxxx

yeahhh my sister watched it and i just couldn't i didn't wanna get frightened of giving birth as when she had it on all i could hear was screaming women :shock:

awww thank you, hahah i knowww, everyone keeps telling em she's going to be early but i have a feeling she'll be either on time or overdue seeing as i've had no niggles what-so-ever yet and she's still really active and wriggling about all the time :)
hahah, i have to have at least one nap a day i get so exhausted so quickly!

it should be here by monday if she posted it today/tomorrow!! i'm paying bloody £4.99 for postage so it better come soon!
arrrgh, sometimes i hate ebay hahaha!

haha screaming women :shock: it just doesn't sound appealling to me! being a worrier as it is i'd probably need gas & air watching it! lmao

well myths say that your first is always late! but there's so many myths/ old wives tales you might aswell just stick with 'going with the flow'! but i'm the same as you, thinki'd either be on time or late. he's wriggling so much in there and i haven't had the sense of 'bowling ball between my legs' yet, and that's supposed to be a sign, apparently! do you know if your little girls head's dropped yet?

oh btw tell us how your appointment goes on thursday, i have one too that day so we'll swap stories! lol.

4.99!! i bloody hope you get it tomorrow! ebay :wall2:think they get lazy as it's not a real shop environment but they should still provide 100% customer service!

not had the "bowling ball" feeling BUT i have felt a lot of pressure down there so i'm gussing she has dropped haha :)
oh i will do :) hopefully she'll be all healthy and ready to go :D

you girls should go to youtube and look up some hypnobirths. They are so amazing to watch and very inspirational, not at all scary! They make it all look so easy. That one born every minute was quite negative, but it also showed quite clearly how the women who were calmer and positive did great and the women who were in a total panic got so worked up. It made me aware of what I wanted (or actually what I didnt want!)

oooh wonder who's going to go first. you'll be feeling same as me, just a waiting game now. a wee ticking time bomb.
i has a scan today cause ive had to have growth scans and i almost died when she said he was measuring in at 41wks already. you look like yoou've dropped more than me tho, my wee one's got half way done and hasnt budged since :S

good luck with your labour :) cant wait to see pics of ur wee one x

that's a good idea tiny! still a bit weary though.. lol!

and wow 41 weeks claireo!? eek! hehe. she'll be here any day now then! waiting game is the worst in my opinion. you can't find much to take your mind off of things which aren't already baby related therefore start over thinking motherhood!! well that's what i have been doing anyway hehe :oops: i hope she drops some more claireo!

and yeah i would say she's dropped rachel by looking at piccie infact. you notice your belly 'hang over' more! some of my tops ain't long enough to cover belly :(!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back