34week babe what can i expect

im my book i was reading, babes born after 34 weeks are pretty much up together and generally dont even need help with breathing etc.

so fingers crossed baby will just be fine :D i dont know if thats much help :hug:

Honestly expect at least some time in the nicu, Ella was not an A-typical 35 weeker i don't think but she spent 7 days in the nicu with breathing problems and digestion problems (she was tube fed for 11 days). At 5 lb 6 oz she was by no means small but was just slow to get off the starting blocks. Good luck whatever happens you get to take your beautiful baby home. The way i looked at it was i got to see her before she was really ready, ella wasnt due until october 20th and came on september 15th!

i had Hannah at 35 weeks hun and she was fine really , needed a few days in scbu due to low blood sugar, feeding problems and slight breathing problems but she was sorted and back with me in 3 days, and it was only slight help she needed, she was tube fed, which isnt really as bad as it sounds and was just in an oxyganated crib didnt need tubes or anything, your lo will be fine and if bubs does need help they are fantastic in special care :hug:

Charlie was born at 34 weeks hun and he had a few weeks on scbu cos was low birth weight (4lb 3oz) and i was trying to breastfeed. But when he was born he had about 12 hours in an incubator and then was in a normal little cot.
Physically at 34 weeks babies don't have alot of fat laid down so expect little one to look quite baggy :) Charlie had baggy knees hehe and didn't have a bum either (no fat) so thats quite strange but it doesn't take long for them to start laying down fat.
Also expect jaundice with premmie babies.. but easily rectified with sun lamp if bad jaundice but just plenty of good daylight sorted it in charlie's case. But other than those few things he was a perfect little baby in every way - just not as squidgy as newborns - he didn't get squidgy til he was about 3 months old lol

Little tip... if you do have little one early.. ask friends n family to buy you some little outfits - proper outfits rather than babygrows - but in newborn and 0-3 month size.. cos with premmie's by the time they are reaching normal birth weight you are sick of the site of babygrows and cardies and wooly hats etc and, well at least with my son, i couldn't wait to get him dressed up properly and was really grateful for some little outfits in newborn size - he was nearly 3 months old by then :)

Fly said:
Charlie was born at 34 weeks hun and he had a few weeks on scbu cos was low birth weight (4lb 3oz) and i was trying to breastfeed. But when he was born he had about 12 hours in an incubator and then was in a normal little cot.
Physically at 34 weeks babies don't have alot of fat laid down so expect little one to look quite baggy :) Charlie had baggy knees hehe and didn't have a bum either (no fat) so thats quite strange but it doesn't take long for them to start laying down fat.
Also expect jaundice with premmie babies.. but easily rectified with sun lamp if bad jaundice but just plenty of good daylight sorted it in charlie's case. But other than those few things he was a perfect little baby in every way - just not as squidgy as newborns - he didn't get squidgy til he was about 3 months old lol

Little tip... if you do have little one early.. ask friends n family to buy you some little outfits - proper outfits rather than babygrows - but in newborn and 0-3 month size.. cos with premmie's by the time they are reaching normal birth weight you are sick of the site of babygrows and cardies and wooly hats etc and, well at least with my son, i couldn't wait to get him dressed up properly and was really grateful for some little outfits in newborn size - he was nearly 3 months old by then :)

she gave birth already, and has a healthy little boy :cheer: :cheer: ... but notice your in frome!!!! im not far from you :wave: :wave:

yes fly i did have him at 34 weeks , as ur new u didnt realise i knew i was having him ( induction ) altho was in labour when they induced anyway /

he was a good 2lb more then your lil one weighin in at a hefty 6lb 5oz !

and yes he did need the sun bed , and had prolonged jaundice till last week .

and ya right , just cos he was premmie didnt mean i didnt want outfits! i did buy a couple of lil outfits and newborn was / is huge ! his fitting really well into tesco tiny baby / matalan tiny baby :cheer:

only had one night in scubu , cos he wouldnt feed , and ive now had to give up breast feeding totally has he never took to it , his too lazy ! but its been the main prob we had , plus his really really snuffly but been told this will clear up about 6 weeks after his edd should have been , same with sunset eyes ( he rolls his eyes looks awfull)

awww am so glad to hear everything going well with little man G3M :hug: and cooeeeee to paradysso :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back