34 week MW appt

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, not been on for over a week as I got married on Friday so been extra busy (and completely exhausted!) Just had my 34 week appt, all was well except had some white blood cells in urine so had to be swabbed. Naughty baby has turned breech now though! He has either been transverse or head down most the time and now decided he likes it this way! He's been like it all week as I've felt all kicks on my cervix which really make me jump! One good thing is that I'm only measuring 3cm up rather than 5cm last time! Must have been a growth spurt...

I'm terrified of the next appt at 36 weeks as the MW said she will have to weigh me!! NOOOOOO!!! I really don't want to be weighed but have no choice, I don't want to know that I've gained probably about 10 stone lol. Why do they need your weight before delivery, is it for drug control etc? xx

Many congrats on your wedding day!! Hope it was a blissfully happy day for you both.

Cheeky monkey you LO is, I think there is still time for him to turn, no idea why they would want to weigh you. I was weighed once at the start when I went for the combined blood test at 12 weeks but havent been weighed since.
xx

Congratulations to you and your husband, hope you had a fabulous day!

Clearly your LO is a mischief maker already, hope he turns back soon.

Not sure why they would want to weigh you either, due to a previous eating disorder I have specifically told my MW that I do not want to be weighed unless completely essential and also if I am weighed then I do not want to know how much I weigh. If you really do not want to know hun, you can always ask not to be told. xx

Last edited:
Thank you, it was a lovely day :) sun was shining and we're very happy knowing that LO will not be a b*stard haha!

Yeah I might have to tell them to just look themselves and not tell me EVER lol. I never used to weigh myself pre-pregnancy anyway, I just went on what my body looked like rather than worry about scales! It could be because I had a high BMI initially and I know with anaesthetics they give you the right amount for your weight....but it annoys me that I seem to be the only one getting weighed. No breakfast and light clothes that day methinks xx

Maybe they are talking about weighing you incase you have to have a c section? If you don't want to know your weight just tell them before they weigh you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back