• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

34 cm is normal for 36 weeks - mw not knowing what she is doing?

i.love

Reaction score
A mw came to see me today (my nromal mw is on holiday, so they sent a community mw to check on me instead).

Anyway, she measured my tummy and it was 34 cm. I am 36 weeks , so as 34 is less than 36, she booked me for a growth scan later on today.

After she left, I opened my notes and noticed this funny little graph called fundo-symphysis height chart (p 13), and according to it I am not small at all, I am bang on perfect! The graph actually shows that the week/cm line is a bit curved, so for 36 weeks I should be... exactly 34 cm??

Am I reading the graph wrong? Or is this mw completely unaware of it?? :shock: I'm feeling silly about going to the scan now... :roll:

That seems totally normal to me (when you are measuring, not your MW's reaction). My chart has fluctuated all over the place and today I am supposely measuring less then I was at my last weeks appointment.

My GP said they were totally inacurate anyway as they could change with different people who measure you!

I'm surprised shes sent you for a growth scan but make the most of it hun and enjoy the extra look at baby :)

DW1978, yeah I think I'll just go and enjoy myself - I haven't seen bubba for 16 weeks now! I miss him :)

I'm surprised they would scan for that tbh. Great that you get to see your wee one again though :yay: x

Mini Master G is measuring small (So the Germans said at my 36 week scan) not sure how small, she did not say. But they did not want to see my till my due date. At least you get another look at baby :) xx

well I did mention the scan first, as she looked worried (I just mentioned it casually, I didn't think there is a chance I would get it!). I guess that's the time when you don't get it if you don't ask for it! :)

I thought 2cm either way was still classed as 'normal'?.......I'm sure you're right hun and all is fine.....take the opportunity to enjoy seeing bubs again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back