:(

TORino

Reaction score
I think I've confused the baby.

Being at my wits end this week I have given Tilly a dummy and started giving her the Gaviscon from a bottle.

Now she is pissing about at feeding times. She used to latch beautifully but is now bobbing on and off the breast and getting angry.

Does this sound like nipple confusion?!?

I hope it's reversible. I guess the first thing is to stop with the dummies and bottles then?

Will she learn how to do it again?!?

I'm cross with myself but we've had no peace from the little critter for a while now.

My LO got slightly confused at a few days old and the midwife came over and showed my how to compress it slightly so it was flatter and he took it fine after that. Can't see how old your LO is but I'd suggest getting someone in to check it if you can.

We had the same issue when we tried dummies so I stopped the dummies but carried on with the expressed bottles. Once we'd got that established and confident I re-introduced dummies and he's been fine.

Personally I'd only do one at a time either go with the bottles or go with the dummies for a bit
X

My LO got slightly confused at a few days old and the midwife came over and showed my how to compress it slightly so it was flatter and he took it fine after that. Can't see how old your LO is but I'd suggest getting someone in to check it if you can.

She's 3 weeks old now. I only stared with this the other day. I'm cross with myself :(

It is reversible we managed to get back to normal by removing one of the items as mentioned

That started happening with theo too hun, but the midwife thinks its coz he's a guzzler and my let down isn't happening quick enough. She advised me to express twice a day to increase my supply! I thought it was the dummies too as it started around the same time I gave them! Xx

Ive cut out the dummy and bottles for the Gaviscon and colief and she's fed relatively well so hopefully it was just a little blip.

I would like some peace of an evening though :( the dummy was getting me through the night. I daren't use it again just yet though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back