• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

20 week scan tomorrow - what to expect

Littlerayray

Reaction score
Hi all

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow... what can I expect? Is it much the same as the 12 week scan? Do they do urine tests etc as well?

Thanks! x

Ohh hope all goes well for tomorrow
My 20 week scan was about 40 mins long as they have to measure everything and little lady wouldnt sit still i was told it would take between 20 and 30 mins. The scan is amazing you can see so much more than on your 12 week scan.
They didnt check my urine at either of my scans

as above really, my 20 week scan was pretty much the same as the 12 week one, but it was much longer (baby was naughty and it actually took 3 scans for them to get all the info they needed lol)

they didnt test anything else

id say it was nicer than the 12 week scan, everyone seemed happier and the sonographer was more enthusiastic lol

Good luck for tomorrow hun :), its an amazing scan. They don't do urine tests.
As the girls have said above, they look at everything on the baby, check the size of the head, and tummy, everything gets checked, and at the end if you want to find out the sex you can :) if your baby co-operates hehe. It's amazing the difference you see from your 12 week scan, tis no longer a wee bean, its now a wee baby :) xx

I have mine on friday! So excited as we have now decided we are going to find out the sex, i was against finding out to begin with but i really wanna know now and so does other half. Just hope he/she does'nt have their legs crossed! good luck with yours!

I've just come back from mine, it was amazing take a urine sample with you. we were in there about 30 mins and you see so much! my baby was being fussy though and hid its head and wouldn't stop wriggling so im back in a month to check the heart because they couldn't see it properly. I'm booking a gender scan at baby bond too because although baby didn't have their legs crossed it wouldn't stay still to let us see if its a boy or not sonographer said it looked like a boy but couldn't be sure I'm so excited :D cant stop smiling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back