1st jabs... whats this about calpol?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
When do i give it to him, before jabs or after? how can i expect him to react to the jabs? Im so nervous for him lol
thanks xx

I would give it after :)

He should be ok with the first one... what i try to do is walk to the clinic and then hopefully on the way home they wil fall asleep.

Keeley had her 12 month one today and i cried but she didn't :oops:

awww bless you hun. i winced when jake had his heel prick test, he wasnt bothered in the slightest.

I am walking to the docs anyway, its a good 20 mins walk so like you say he will prob be asleep when we get home :D

aww, he'l b fine! millie was very brave at her 1st (and 2nd) jabs but i wasnt! i was a quivering mess i had 2 make my mum hold her for them i couldnt do it! i got calpol on scrip so its free but didnt need it that day

bless him he screamed like Ive never heard him before, it broke my heart :( hes a bit whiney now

I know its bit late, but might help for next lot....I gave Rubes Calpol 1 hour before jabs. she screamed when needle went in but cuddles and a warm bottle settled her and she was always fine afterwards...

I sobbed for the first, but it does get easier :hug:

BIG hugs Natalie & Jake, you brave Mummy and little boy :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'd prescribe lots of cuddles and naps together, really hope he's well and smiley in the morning for you :hug:

i got told to give it to my daughter before. will be asking her as i have her again before she has the jabs.she also said add it to her milk im sure thats what she said.hv said this.

It's horrible when they have their jabs. George had his today and was being a little angel all day before that. He was fast asleep bless him. What a horrible way to be woken up. :shock: I gave him the Calpol when we got home. It seemed to help. He had a bottle straight after too and then went down for a nap.

I haven't heard him cry like that since he was born. It made me feel really horrible. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back