12 week scan & clueless...

YazminaBambino

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope everything is well with each one of you expecting mummies.

I'm very curious to know what to expect at my 12 week scan. I have it Tues & I'm a little nervous as I'll be going alone. My OH can't make it due to work commitments. Will it be an ultrasound or a transvaginal scan? The department is headed Fetal Medicine Unit which I find a little odd.

Just want a little insight for those who have had their or previously with other children. Will I be able to purchase pictures? I am a first timer so yes....very clueless!

:)

Hi Yasmina,

Its just a normal ultrasound & most hospitals give you the opportunity to purchase pics.
Our Hospital operates a token system, you buy tokens from the machine when u go in then give them to the Sonographer.
Fetal medicine dept is quite common I would think but again depends on the hospital, ours is just headed Antenatal clinic now.
It only takes about 10 or 15 minutes & they just show u the heartbeat, measure the baby to check how big it is & how accurate ur dates are.
They may change your due date from the scan, this again is very common.

Enjoy it x

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for you information, it's really helped.

I wish you all the best with you pregnancy!

Xx

Hope all goes well with the scan, can't wait to get the date for mine through, I think it will all seem very real then Xx

Thanks NatC, I believe once I've had the scan & all is well then it'll be v real to me too. How far gone are you? I wish you all the best - a healthy & happy pregnancy!

xXx

In 6weeks tomorrow, so still a while to go although im sure it will fly by, thank you and same to you, let us no how you get on Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back